DoYourClone for Mac User Guide
DoYourClone for Mac is powerful yet easy-to-use Mac hard drive clone software. It can help you securely and easily copy hard drive or create disk image on Mac. First of all, just download and install it on your Mac. Then run it from Launchpad.
Two modes of Mac disk clone
DoYourClone for Mac provides two modes for Mac users to clone a hard disk drive under Mac OS. (It can clone HDD/SSD, external hard drive, USB flash drive, memory card, RAID, Server or other storage device).
Mode 1: Copy hard disk drive on Mac
The “Copy Disk” mode will help you copy a hard drive to another hard drive. Here are the steps.
Step 1: Choose source drive and destination drive.
Just choose the source drive and destination drive. The data on the source drive will be cloned to the destination drive.
Step 2: Copy the source drive to the destination drive.
After you choose the source and destination drive, just click on “Copy Now” button. Then just let the software copy all selected data from the source drive to the destination drive.
Step 3: Disk copy completed.
When the process gets finished, you can check the cloned data on the destination drive.
Tips: Make sure there is enough disk space on the destination drive to save the cloned data. If there is not enough disk space to copy all data from source drive to the destination drive, you can “Copy Some Files” to the destination drive. It means you can selectively copy data from source drive to the destination drive.
Mode 2: Create Disk Image on Mac
This mode - “Create Disk Image” will help you create a compressed disk image of the source drive and save the disk image to your destination drive. This is a disks-space-saving way to backup your hard drive on Mac.
Step 1: Select the source drive and destination drive.
Just choose the source drive and destination drive. This mode will create a disk image (.dmg or .zip) of the source drive and save it to the destination drive. You can access to the source data via the disk image.
Step 2: Create disk image of the source drive.
Just click on “Create Image” button. This software will quickly create a disk image of the source drive and save the disk image to the destination drive.
Step 3: Check the disk image.
When it is done, you can check the disk image on the destination drive. You also can check the data of the source drive via the disk image.
DoYourClone for Mac is the reliable tool to help you copy hard drive, create disk image, duplicate your hard drive, make a backup of system hard drive, migrate data from one hard drive to another...if you have any question, just contact us by sending an email to [email protected]
Guide and Tips
- How to Clone Mac Hard Drive to External Hard Drive?
- How to Clone Memory Card on Mac?
- Three Start Menu Apps for macOS Catalina
- How to Copy Data from Large Hard Drive to Small Hard Drive on Mac?
- How to Copy Hard Drive on macOS High Sierra?
- How to Clone APFS Hard Drive on Mac?
- How to Back Up Hard Disk Drive on macOS Sierra 10.12?
- How to Clone HFS Hard Drive on Mac?
- How to Clone External Hard Drive to Another Hard Drive on Mac?
- Copy USB Flash Drive to Mac Hard Drive by 1-Click
- Copy One Hard Drive to Another on macOS Mojave
- How to Clone SSD to HDD on Mac?
- MacBook Is Running Slow, What to Do?
- Quickly Remove Useless Files on Mac
- DIY Data Recovery Software
- How to Clone Hard Drive to New Hard Drive on Mac?
- Download Best Disk Clone Software for macOS Catalina
- How to Clone HDD to SSD on Mac?
- Free Deep Data Recovery Software for Mac
- How to Unformat Mac Hard Drive
- How to Clone Small Hard Drive to A Large Hard Drive on Mac?