How to Clone HDD to SSD on Mac?
by Henry Lee, 2019-07-30
“Hi, I have an old HDD, is it possible to clone it to my Mac SSD? I am looking for a disk clone software to help me clone the HDD to SSD on my Mac, any recommendation?” - Jeremy
There are many reasons why a Mac user wants to clone a HDD to a SSD on Mac, such as:
- Copy all data from HDD to SSD under Mac OS.
- Make a backup of HDD to SSD on Mac.
- The HDD is damaged, so need to clone the HDD data to the SSD.
- Duplicate the HDD on many SSDs.
How to clone HDD to SSD on Mac? Don’t worry. We would like to introduce DoYourClone for Mac, a excellent disk clone software for Mac OS. It can securely and easily clone HDD to SSD on Mac. Now, just free download it here:
Two modes to clone HDD to SSD on Mac
DoYourClone for Mac offers two modes to help you clone HDD to SSD on Mac. After installing this disk clone software on your Mac, just run it from Launchpad, then you can follow the guide below to clone HDD to SSD on your Mac.
Mode 1: Copy HDD to SSD on Mac
This mode “Copy Disk” is able to help you easily and securely copy HDD to your SSD within simple steps. First of all, make sure the HDD and SSD are connected to your Mac.
STEP 1: Choose the source drive and destination drive.
Just choose the HDD as the source drive and choose the SSD as the destination drive. All the data on the HDD will be cloned to the SSD.
STEP 2: Clone the HDD to the SSD on Mac.
Just click on “Copy Now” button, DoYourClone for Mac will clone the HDD to the SSD quickly and securely.
STEP 3: Check the cloned data on the SSD.
Once the cloning process gets finished, you can check the cloned data on the SSD. When you lose data on your HDD, you can restore the data through the cloned data on the SSD.
Mode 2: Create disk image of HDD and save it to SSD
If you don’t have enough disk space to save all data of the HDD, you can make a compressed DMG or ZIP disk image and save it on your SSD. Then we will show you how to create a disk image of a HDD and save it to a SSD under Mac OS.
STEP 1: Choose source drive and destination drive.
First of all, choose mode “Create Disk Image”. Then choose the HDD as the source drive and choose the HDD as the destination drive.
STEP 2: Create disk image of HDD.
Click on “Create Image” button. DoYourClone for Mac will create a disk image of the HDD and save the disk image to your SSD.
STEP 3: Check the disk image on SSD.
Once the process gets finished, you can check the HDD disk image on your SSD. You can copy the data from the disk image to any other hard drive. So, it is also a good way to backup the HDD.
With DoYourClone for Mac, you can easily and securely clone HDD to a SSD. It can help you copy all data from HDD to SSD, you also can selectively copy data from the HDD to SSD. This software is fully compatible with macOS, OSX and Mac OS Server, just free download it here:
Other Mac Utilities
- How to Clone Mac Hard Drive to External Hard Drive?
- How to Clone Memory Card on Mac?
- Three Start Menu Apps for macOS Catalina
- How to Copy Data from Large Hard Drive to Small Hard Drive on Mac?
- How to Copy Hard Drive on macOS High Sierra?
- How to Clone APFS Hard Drive on Mac?
- How to Back Up Hard Disk Drive on macOS Sierra 10.12?
- How to Clone HFS Hard Drive on Mac?
- How to Clone External Hard Drive to Another Hard Drive on Mac?
- Copy USB Flash Drive to Mac Hard Drive by 1-Click
- Copy One Hard Drive to Another on macOS Mojave
- How to Clone SSD to HDD on Mac?
- MacBook Is Running Slow, What to Do?
- Quickly Remove Useless Files on Mac
- DIY Data Recovery Software
- How to Clone Hard Drive to New Hard Drive on Mac?
- Download Best Disk Clone Software for macOS Catalina
- How to Clone HDD to SSD on Mac?
- Free Deep Data Recovery Software for Mac
- How to Unformat Mac Hard Drive
- How to Clone Small Hard Drive to A Large Hard Drive on Mac?