Wipe Emptied Mac Trash and Permanently Erase Deleted Files
by Shirly Chen, 2016-10-24
When you delete files and empty the trash bin, the files are not really lost. The operation only removes the entrance of the deleted files and makes the disk space of the deleted files be available for new data. Before the disk space is overwritten by new data, you have a good chance to get them back with Mac data recovery software. If you only want to free up disk space by deleting useless files on your Mac, emptying the trash bin is the eventual step. However, when you are going to permanently destroy the deleted files, these operations of deletion are not enough to get your files lost forever. Fortunately, there is a good way to wipe emptied Mac trash and permanently erase deleted/lost files.
When the files are deleted/the trash bin has been emptied, they are stored into the unused disk space of the Mac hard drive. So wiping the emptied trash bin equals to wiping the unused disk space. In order to prevent the deleted files from being recovered by data recovery software, the unused disk space should be overwritten by zero/random data (not take up disk space). It sounds complicated but Mac data erasure software provides an easy way to do all the work.
Easy Steps to Wipe Emptied Mac Trash Bin
Before wiping emptied Mac trash bin, please download this Mac data erasure software – DoYourData Super Eraser for Mac. It is very easy-to-use. Any of us can use it to wipe emptied Mac trash bin to permanently erase deleted/lost data on the Mac hard drive.
Follow these steps to wipe emptied Mac trash bin:
Step 1: Launch DoYourData Super Eraser for Mac on your Mac, select the mode "Wipe Unused Space".
Step 2: It will list all the drives on your Mac, just select the hard drive where you delete your files. In most cases, you just need to select "Mac HD".
Step 3: After selecting the hard drive, click on "Wipe Now" button to completely wipe the unused disk space. When the process gets finished, all the deleted/lost data and history traces will be lost forever.
Benefits of Wiping Emptied Mac Trash Bin
- The deleted/lost data will be lost permanently after wiping Mac trash bin. Now you can safely sell or give away your Mac to other people. Nobody can recover your deleted/lost data even with the most powerful Mac data recovery software.
- Clean up all deleted/lost data and traces, improve the performance of your Mac.
- It will not affect the existing data on your Mac and will not expend any of disk usage.
DoYourData Super Eraser for Mac offers secure and easy way to wipe emptied Mac trash bin. It is the best tool to destroy and erase the deleted/lost data on your Mac. It also offers other Mac data erasure solutions, such as:
- Selectively erase existing files or folder on Mac.
- Wipe entire hard drive or storage device.
- Format or reformat Mac hard drive and storage media to permanently wipe all data.
- Erase data from external hard drive, digital camera, USB flash drive or other storage device.
- Permanently Delete Files on Mac
- Permanently Format Mac Hard Drive
- Format and Permanently Wipe External Hard Drive on Mac
- Erase Mac Trash Bin Data
- Three Options to Permanently Wipe MacBook Data
- How to Make Data Recovery Impossible on Mac?
- Easy Way to Reformat Memory Card on Mac
- Secure Solution to Permanently Wipe Data before Selling Old Mac Computer
- How to Permanently Erase Photos from Mac?
- How to Easily Reset a Mac to Factory Settings?
Mac Data Erasure
- How to Permanently Erase External Hard Drive Data on Mac?
- Wipe Emptied Mac Trash and Permanently Erase Deleted Files
- Paragon Disk Wiper for Mac Free Download
- Mac Disk Utility Alternative with More Powerful Data Erasure
- Disk Formatting Software for Mac
- How to format a USB Drive on Mac?
- How to Erase Data from CF Card under Mac OS?
- How to Format Raw Drive/USB/SD Card/External Hard Drive on Mac?
- Permanently Delete Files in macOS 10.13 High Sierra
- Permanently Delete Files/Erase Hard Drive in APFS File System
- Permanently Delete Microsoft Office Documents on Mac
- How to Format or Reformat SSD on Mac?
- How to Permanently Delete Photos from iPhoto?
- How to Permanently Delete Data from SD Card on Mac?
- How to Format Hard Drive in macOS 10.14 Mojave?
- Why Deleted Data on Mac Can Be Recovered? How to Avoid This?
- How to Format Unrecognized Memory Card on Mac?
- Two Ways to Format External Hard Drive/USB Drive under macOS 10.14 Mojave
- Prevent Data Recovery on USB Flash Drive with Mac Data Eraser
- How to Prevent Data Recovery from SD Card under Mac OS?