How to Recover Deleted Desktop Files?
by Bryan, 2015-07-23
Saving or storing files on desktop is a common method of file storage in our daily computer life. But files on desktop are more at risk of being lost than other files which are stored in other hard drives. OS updates, deleting, formatting, virus infection would result in data loss from desktop. Every missing file on desktop could be recovered , especially when the file was deleted. There are two easy ways to recover deleted desktop files. But first of all, please stop saving files on your desktop. Every time you write to the desktop, you lower the likelihood of a successful recovery.
Two Methods to Recover Deleted Desktop Files
Method 1: Check the Recycle Bin
If you have not emptied your Recycle Bin, you can find the deleted files in it. Select the files you want, right-click them and choose "Restore" to recover them on your desktop.
Method 2: Try Data Recovery Software to Recover Deleted Desktop Files
You can try a data recovery tool when you can't find the files in Recycle Bin. Many data recovery programs can help you recover deleted files from desktop. Here, we recommend a free data recovery tool – Do Your Data Recovery. It can recover whatever you have deleted from desktop, such as pictures, emails, videos, documents, folders, icons, shortcuts, compressed files etc. Do Your Data Recovery will take three steps to recover deleted desktop files (about 6-10minutes).
How to Use Do Your Data Recovery to Recover Deleted Files from Desktop?
Step1: Choose Desktop to scan
Step2: Choose file types
The program offers two recovery modes. Usually, you should try Quick Recovery mode first, it can quickly find deleted files. If you can't find what you want, please select Advanced Recovery mode to deeply scan the desktop. Please note that the Advanced Recovery mode takes longer time to scan your drive, and find much more lost files.
Step3: Preview and recover files
- Recover Lost Files from Formatted Hard Drive
- How to Recover Deleted Files from Emptied Recycle Bin?
- Windows 10 Formatted Recovery Solution
- Recover Cut Files from External Hard Drive
- How to Recover Deleted Files from Samsung SSD?
- DIY Data Recovery Software
- Recover Lost Files after Reinstalling Windows Operating System
- WPS Office File Recovery Solution
- How to losslessly recover deleted Word document?
- How to Recover a File Replaced by another File with the Same Name?
Data Recovery Tips
- How to Recover Deleted Files from Home PC?
- Recover Lost Data from Corrupted Hard Drive
- Deleted or Lost Partition File Recovery
- How to Recover Deleted Files Which Were Deleted Long Time Ago?
- How to Recover Lost Data after Resizing C Drive?
- Affordable Data Recovery Software
- Seagate HDD Data Recovery
- How to Recover Lost Data from Formatted Hard Drive in Windows 8?
- Recover Lost Data from an Unrecognized External Hard Drive
- How to Recover Deleted Files after Cleaning up Recycle Bin?
- How to Recover Data When You Use exFAT File System?
- Recover Deleted Desktop Files
- Free Full Lexar Data Recovery Software
- Recover Lost Files from Crashed Hard Drive on Mac/Windows
- Windows Server 2016 Data Recovery Solution