How to Clone Mac Hard Drive to External Hard Drive?
by Henry Lee, 2019-08-10
Software to clone Mac hard drive to external hard drive
If you need to clone Mac hard drive to an external hard drive, read this guide to learn how to easily do it. There are many programs targeted at cloning data and maybe it makes this choice process a little bit difficult, but do not worry; here, we will recommend an excellent data clone software. Use DoYourClone for Mac software and get your copy quickly. Just download, install and run this program on your Mac computer. After having the program in the computer, you have to continue with some instructions so that you can carry out this task successfully, so continue reading for more information.
People usually have different reasons to clone Mac hard drive to external hard drive. Let us mention some of these reasons:
- Backup: It is recommended making a data backup so that you can use it later to recover lost, deleted, or formatted data.
- Old drive: Maybe, you are using a very old hard drive, so it can stop working and the information may go as well.
- Damaged device: Sometimes, the hard drive is damaged or it is hard to access data from it, so it is better to copy them using other storage media.
- Get more space: It is possible that you need more space on your drive. One option to free space is getting a reliable copy, and then erase some files or the entire hard drive if you want.
- Just warning: Other people choose to clone their drives as a warning because there are many issues that can make them lose their files. Obviously, there are many programs they can use to recover these data, but it is not a bad idea to be careful and have a backup or a copy of our files.
Two modes to clone Mac hard drive to external hard drive
There are several options you can consider if you decide to clone Mac hard drive to external hard drive. Here, we will recommend using DoYourClone for Mac. It is very simple to use; just download and install it on your Mac computer. Then, you only need to run the program on the computer and start to clone hard drive to external hard drive on Mac. It offers two modes.
Mode 1: Copy Mac hard drive to external hard drive
“Copy Disk” is able to 1:1 copy Mac hard drive to an external hard drive without any loss. Of course, you also can only copy some files from the Mac hard drive to the external hard drive.
Step 1: Choose source and destination hard drives.
First of all, you have to choose Mac hard drive as the source drive and the external hard drive as the secondary one.
Step 2: Copy Mac hard drive to external hard drive.
Then, copy data to the external hard drive, which is the destination drive. Just click on the “Copy Now” button and wait until the software completes this task.
Step 3: Check cloned data.
When the copy is ready, it is necessary to check the cloned data on the destination hard drive.
Mode 2: Create Disk Image of Mac hard drive
“Create Disk Image” can help you create a disk image of the Mac hard drive and save the disk image to the external hard drive.
Step 1: Choose source drive and destination drive.
Just choose mode “Create Disk Image”, then select the Mac hard drive as the source drive and select the external hard drive as the destination drive.
Step 2: Create a disk image of the Mac hard drive.
Click on “Create Image” button - create a disk image of the Mac hard drive and save it to the external hard drive.
Step 3: Check the disk image.
Check the disk image on the external hard drive.
DoYourClone for Mac is a very reliable, secure and simple to use software. Just follow the instructions to clone Mac hard drive to an external hard drive.
Other Mac Utilities
- How to Clone Mac Hard Drive to External Hard Drive?
- How to Clone Memory Card on Mac?
- Three Start Menu Apps for macOS Catalina
- How to Copy Data from Large Hard Drive to Small Hard Drive on Mac?
- How to Copy Hard Drive on macOS High Sierra?
- How to Clone APFS Hard Drive on Mac?
- How to Back Up Hard Disk Drive on macOS Sierra 10.12?
- How to Clone HFS Hard Drive on Mac?
- How to Clone External Hard Drive to Another Hard Drive on Mac?
- Copy USB Flash Drive to Mac Hard Drive by 1-Click
- Copy One Hard Drive to Another on macOS Mojave
- How to Clone SSD to HDD on Mac?
- MacBook Is Running Slow, What to Do?
- Quickly Remove Useless Files on Mac
- DIY Data Recovery Software
- How to Clone Hard Drive to New Hard Drive on Mac?
- Download Best Disk Clone Software for macOS Catalina
- How to Clone HDD to SSD on Mac?
- Free Deep Data Recovery Software for Mac
- How to Unformat Mac Hard Drive
- How to Clone Small Hard Drive to A Large Hard Drive on Mac?