How to Copy Data from Large Hard Drive to Small Hard Drive on Mac?
by Henry Lee, 2019-08-07
Do you want to copy files from a large hard drive to a small hard drive on Mac? Here, we have a good and useful guide to help you reach your goal. We can copy hard drive using a reliable cloning software. Obviously, there are diverse programs used for cloning or duplicating hard drives, but some of them offer better performance, quality, and easiness. One big example is DoYourClone for Mac, which is highly recommended by users around the world. Here, we will provide some of its features and advantages, so continue reading for more information about this topic.
Easy way to copy data from a large hard drive to a small one on Mac
Copying data from one large hard drive to a small drive on Mac is something people carry out in order to protect their data from unexpected issues. Sometimes, they just need to free some space from the hard drive and one good alternative is copying data on other drives. It is important to back up our data because there are some awful inconveniences, which make us lose such data. Some of these issues are: damaged device, formatted drive, corrupted disk, virus infection, logic and even human errors. Here, we recommend DoYourClone for Mac.
DoYourClone for Mac provides diverse features that make people trust and recommend it. This cloning program is considered as the best one; it let us create a full disk image of the drive; we can back up hard drive data; it is possible to copy an entire hard drive disk or just some particular files, and it is very to use.
Mode 1: Copy large hard drive to small hard drive on Mac
Step 1: Choose the source and destination hard drive.
Once we have run DoYourClone for Mac on the computer, we have to select the source hard drive and the destination hard drive to get started. Just choose the large hard drive as the source hard drive, choose the small hard drive as the destination drive. You can copy all data from the large hard drive to the small hard drive or copy some files from the large hard drive to small hard drive.
Step 2: Copy large hard drive to small hard drive on Mac.
When we have chosen both drives, we proceed to copy hard drive. Just click on the “Copy Now” button and wait until this phase is completed.
Step 3: Check cloned data.
When the copy process finishes, we have to check the cloned data just to verify all the files have been copied in a successful way.
Mode 2: Create disk image of large hard drive to small hard drive on Mac
Step 1: Choose the source drive and destination drive.
Click “Create Disk Image”, then choose the large hard drive as the source drive and choose the small hard drive as the destination drive.
Step 2: Create disk image of the large hard drive.
Create the disk image of the large hard drive and save it to the small hard drive.
Step 3: Check the disk image.
Once the process gets finished, you can check the disk image on the small hard drive.
It is important to check the destination hard drive before beginning to copy our data from the source drive. This is a great idea just to verify there is enough space to copy all the information we have in the source drive, particularly if we will copy data from a large hard drive to a small hard drive. Nowadays, there are many hard drive disks, which are small, but with more capacity and better performance as well.
DoYourClone for Mac is a great choice to copy and protect important data, including photos, videos, e-mails, contacts, music files, word documents, PDF files, and other relevant data. It is also very easy to use and reliable.
Other Mac Utilities
- How to Clone Mac Hard Drive to External Hard Drive?
- How to Clone Memory Card on Mac?
- Three Start Menu Apps for macOS Catalina
- How to Copy Data from Large Hard Drive to Small Hard Drive on Mac?
- How to Copy Hard Drive on macOS High Sierra?
- How to Clone APFS Hard Drive on Mac?
- How to Back Up Hard Disk Drive on macOS Sierra 10.12?
- How to Clone HFS Hard Drive on Mac?
- How to Clone External Hard Drive to Another Hard Drive on Mac?
- Copy USB Flash Drive to Mac Hard Drive by 1-Click
- Copy One Hard Drive to Another on macOS Mojave
- How to Clone SSD to HDD on Mac?
- MacBook Is Running Slow, What to Do?
- Quickly Remove Useless Files on Mac
- DIY Data Recovery Software
- How to Clone Hard Drive to New Hard Drive on Mac?
- Download Best Disk Clone Software for macOS Catalina
- How to Clone HDD to SSD on Mac?
- Free Deep Data Recovery Software for Mac
- How to Unformat Mac Hard Drive
- How to Clone Small Hard Drive to A Large Hard Drive on Mac?