How to Copy Hard Drive on macOS High Sierra?
by Henry Lee, 2019-08-07
“Hi, I want to replace an old hard drive on my Mac. So, I have to copy all data from the old hard drive to a new hard drive. How can I do this? My OS is macOS High Sierra.” - Jenny
There are several reasons why users try to clone hard drive on macOS High Sierra. Some of these reasons are: copy all files, make a backup, duplicate hard drive data on different drives, or just because the hard drive is damaged or corrupted and it is necessary to protect important data. macOS High Sierra is an operating system for Macintosh computers and it was released on September 25, 2017. Its name refers to the High Sierra region in California and it is based on performance, improvements and diverse updates. It offers very notable changes for diverse Apps like Photos and Safari. Through this guide, we will show you how to clone data on macOS High Sierra using a great disk clone software.
Simple steps to clone hard drive on macOS High Sierra
Some users may feel curious about finding an easy way to clone hard drive on macOS High Sierra or any other operating system, but it could be a little bit hard getting the most appropriate program. There are diverse programs targeted at cloning or copying data from our devices, including hard drive disks, solid state drives, digital cameras, USB flash drives, tablets, and others. Here, we will recommend using a powerful software, which is great for cloning hard drive without losing any files. This program is DoYourClone for Mac; if offers a series of notable features such as:
- DoYourClone for Mac is useful for creating a data backup on macOS High Sierra.
- We can clone and protect our files in a very easy way.
- It is possible to copy data from an old hard drive to a newer one in macOS High Sierra.
- It is a reliable software and that is why many users recommend it.
Download disk clone software for macOS High Sierra
DoYourClone for Mac can be easily downloaded and installed on the computer. Once, it is installed on macOS High Sierra, we may run the program and follow these steps to clone hard drive:
Step 1: Select the source drive and destination drive.
First of all, we have to choose source drive containing our data and the destination hard drive, which is the one receiving such data. Just choose both drives and continue with the cloning process.
Step 2: Copy hard drive on macOS High Sierra.
The second step is copying source hard drive to the destination hard drive. Just click on the “Copy Now” button and wait until it is over.
Step 3: Check data on the cloned drive.
When the source hard drive has been copied to the destination drive, we can check this second drive to verify the information is there.
Create Disk Image on macOS High Sierra
DoYourClone for Mac also can help you create a disk image of any hard drive. Just choose mode “Create Disk Image”, then create a disk image of the source hard drive and save the disk image to the destination hard drive.
Cloning hard drive to another drive should be very simple if we use DoYourClone for Mac. Cloning is a great idea to prevent data loss, which might be caused due to diverse reasons like system crash, damaged drive, virus infection, accidental deletion, among other possible reasons. If we get a copy or clone our drive, we can access from another computer and check our files. It is very important to check destination hard drive just to be sure the information is complete.
Other Mac Utilities
- How to Clone Mac Hard Drive to External Hard Drive?
- How to Clone Memory Card on Mac?
- Three Start Menu Apps for macOS Catalina
- How to Copy Data from Large Hard Drive to Small Hard Drive on Mac?
- How to Copy Hard Drive on macOS High Sierra?
- How to Clone APFS Hard Drive on Mac?
- How to Back Up Hard Disk Drive on macOS Sierra 10.12?
- How to Clone HFS Hard Drive on Mac?
- How to Clone External Hard Drive to Another Hard Drive on Mac?
- Copy USB Flash Drive to Mac Hard Drive by 1-Click
- Copy One Hard Drive to Another on macOS Mojave
- How to Clone SSD to HDD on Mac?
- MacBook Is Running Slow, What to Do?
- Quickly Remove Useless Files on Mac
- DIY Data Recovery Software
- How to Clone Hard Drive to New Hard Drive on Mac?
- Download Best Disk Clone Software for macOS Catalina
- How to Clone HDD to SSD on Mac?
- Free Deep Data Recovery Software for Mac
- How to Unformat Mac Hard Drive
- How to Clone Small Hard Drive to A Large Hard Drive on Mac?