In some cases, bad things happen, your Mac gets stuck on Apple Logo or progress bar, such as:
- When you turn on your Mac or restart your Mac, it can’t pass the white apple logo.
- When you install or reinstall macOS, the Mac stuck on Apple logo or progress bar.
Mac or MacBook stuck while loading? How to fix?
How to fix this issue? You can try the solutions below:
Step 1. Press and hold the power button for up to 10 seconds, until your Mac turns off.
Step 2. Try using safe mode to identify the issue (Turn on or restart your Mac, then immediately press and hold the Shift key as your Mac starts up.).
Step 3. If the issue persists, unplug all accessories from your Mac, including printers, drives, USB hubs, and other nonessential devices. (You could have an issue with one or more of those devices or their cables.) Once more, press and hold the power button for 10 seconds, then press it again to turn your Mac back on.
Step 4. If the issue persists, turn off your Mac again, then turn it back on and immediately press and hold Command and R to start up from macOS Recovery.
- While in macOS Recovery, use Disk Utility to repair your startup disk.
- If Disk Utility found no errors, continue to the next step.
Step 5. If Disk Utility found errors and repaired them, restart your Mac. If the issue persists, continue to the next step.
Step 6. Take either of these actions:
- Reinstall macOS.
- Restore from a Time Machine backup.
Data recovery after fixing the Mac stuck on Apple logo while booting issue
After you fix the issue or reinstall the macOS, if you lose some important files, just download a powerful data recovery application to get lost data back. Just follow the steps below:
Step 1. Just download Do Your Data Recovery for Mac, the reliable & safe Mac data recovery software. Then run it on your Mac computer.
Step 2. Just choose the hard drive where you lose your files. This software is able to recover all file formats including images, videos, documents, audio files, emails, system files, etc.
Step 3. Click on Scan button to scan the hard drive to find lost files. If a quick scan can’t find all lost files, just try advanced recovery mode. Then Do Your Data Recovery for Mac will deeply scan your hard drive again.
Step 4. Once the scan is completed, you can preview all recoverable files. Then selected the wanted files and save them to a safe location.
Do Your Data Recovery for Mac is one of the most powerful Mac data recovery software. It supports to recover lost data from local Mac hard drive, external hard drive, USB flash drive, memory card, digital camera, etc. Whether you erase the trash bin or format a hard drive, just download this data recovery software.
After you fix the issue ‘Mac won’t boot past Apple logo’, you’d better do some things to make sure everything would be right.
1. Check if all data is on your Mac, if you lose important data, just follow the steps above to get lost data back.
2. Remove all malware or virus-infected files.
3. Uninstall unwanted applications, delete junk data to get more free disk space.
4. Run First Aid to repaid your disk if necessary.