All Files on Desktop Are Gone after Upgrading to macOS 10.14 Mojave. How to Recover?
by Bryan, 2018-10-19
“Hi, the system asked me to install macOS Mojave 10.14 last night. So, I downloaded it from App Store and installed it on my Mac. But after completing installing macOS Mojave on my Mac, all files on the desktop were gone. They were not in the trash bin or anywhere on my Mac. It is terrible because the lost files on the desktop are very important to my work. Is there any way to recover the lost desktop files? I think they were deleted during the process of installing macOS Mojave.” – Tokuka
How to recover the desktop files where are lost due to upgrading to macOS 10.14 Mojave? Don’t worry. The desktop files are just deleted or hidden by the system during the process of installing macOS Mojave. After restart of the Mac after installing macOS Mojave, you may not find your documents or files on the Mac desktop. But, you still have the chance to get them back even the trash bin has been erased.
Recover desktop files which are lost due to installing macOS Mojave
If you are facing loss of desktop files after upgrading to macOS Mojave, you can follow this guide to get the files back. First of all, we will introduce powerful Mac data recovery software – Do Your Data Recovery for Mac. This Mac data recovery software is very powerful. It can recover lost data under all data loss situations including losing data due to upgrading to macOS Mojave. It offers Advanced Recovery mode to ensure finding every recoverable file on your Mac – so it can completely recover the lost desktop files after upgrading to macOS Mojave.
Just download Do Your Data Recovery for Mac, install it on your Mac.
Then run this software to recover the desktop files which are lost due to upgrading to macOS 10.14 Mojave.
Step 1: Select file types you want to recover.
Do Your Data Recovery for Mac supports to recover all types of lost files. You also can filter the file types before it scans your Mac hard drive. Then move to the next step.
Step 2: Scan the hard drive to find lost desktop files.
Choose your Mac hard drive or Apple SSD as the targeted hard drive. Then scan it for lost files.
Step 3: Preview and recover the lost desktop files.
Once the scan is completed, you can see all recoverable files. Just select the lost desktop files and save them to a safe location.
If you can’t find all lost desktop files after quick scan, just click on “Advanced Recovery” button to deeply scan your hard drive again. The advanced recovery mode will deeply scan the hard drive and find all lost files including the lost desktop files on the Mac.
If you lose important files on Mac desktop after upgrading to macOS Mojave, just try Do Your Data Recovery for Mac. It is very easy-to-use and powerful. You can easily and quickly restore the lost desktop files even you are inexperienced or never know how to recover lost data.
Reliable Mac data recovery software to recover deleted, formatted or lost files from Mac or storage media.Download
Best iPhone data recovery software for Mac users to retrieve lost contacts, photos, videos, call history, SMS etc.Download
- How to Recover Data after Restoring a Mac to Factory Settings?
- Recover Lost Files after Erasing Mac Hard Drive
- Retrieve Missing Photos from iPhoto
- How to Recover Deleted Photos from Mac
- Mac Video Recovery Solution
- Recover Lost Data after Repartitioning Mac Hard Drive
- Recover Microsoft Word File on Mac
- Complete Raw Recovery Solution for Mac
- How to Recover Lost Files Deleted by Mac Cleaner?
- Recover Lost Files after Upgrading to macOS High Sierra
Mac Data Recovery
- Recover Deleted Files after Emptying Trash bin in macOS Mojave
- Recover Lost Files from Mac SSD
- MacBook Pro Data Recovery
- Recover Lost Files after Upgrading to OS X 10.11
- Recover Deleted or Lost Files from iMac
- Recover Lost Data from MacBook
- Recover Lost Data from Formatted Mac Disk or Volume
- Mac OS X 10.6 Data Recovery Free
- How to Unformat Mac Hard Drive
- Best Method for Mac 10.9 Mavericks File Recovery
- Recover Lost Files Due to Unfinished Cut or Copy in Mac OS
- Recover Formatted MacBook to Rescue Data
- Recover Deleted Duplicate Files/Folders on Mac
- Quick and Easy External Hard Drive Data Recovery in Mac OS Sierra
- Recover Deleted Desktop Items on Mac
- Undelete360 for Mac File Recovery
- How to Put Back Files from Emptied Trash Bin?
- Right Solution to Recover Lost 4k Videos on Mac
- Recover Deleted Files When the Files Are Not In the Mac Trash Bin
- How to Recover Deleted/Lost Movie Videos on Mac?