Format and Erase Fusion Drive on Mac
by Shirly Chen, 2019-10-21
In 2012, Apple introduced iMac and Mac mini with a new storage option: the Fusion drive. A Fusion drive is actually two drives: a 128 GB SSD (Solid State Drive) and a standard 1 TB or 3 TB platter-based hard drive. The Fusion drive combines the SSD and the hard drive into a single volume that the OS sees as a single drive.
Formatting a Fusion Drive is simple, but if you also want to permanently erase data on the Fusion Drive, it becomes a bit complicated. Before you sell, donate your Mac computer, you’d better format the Fusion Drive and permanently erase the sensitive data on the Fusion Drive.
Disk Utility can help you format Fusion Drive on Mac, other disk management tools including MacClean360 also can help you format Fusion Drive, but please note that the formatted data can be recovered by data recovery software. So, you need another tools to do the high-level format and permanently erase your data with safe data erasure method.
Download Fusion Drive disk format tool for Mac
DoYourData Super Eraser for Mac is a ideal tool for formatting and wiping Fusion Drive on Mac. It can help you format and wipe entire Fusion Drive by only 1click. Once the data is erased by Fusion Drive, the data is gone forever, can’t be recovered by data recovery software. So, before you format Fusion Drive with this data erasure tool, you’d better backup your data to another hard disk drive.
Format/wipe Fusion Drive on Mac with Super Eraser
Here are the steps to format and wipe Fusion Drive on Mac:
Step 1: Open DoYourData Super Eraser for Mac.
Download and install DoYourData Super Eraser for Mac on your Mac computer, run it from Launchpad. You will see three data erasure modes and other useful tools.
Step 2: Format and wipe Fusion Drive.
Choose mode “Wipe Hard Drive”. Then select the Fusion Drive and wipe it with this mode. All the data on the Fusion Drive will be permanently erased.
But, if the Mac OS is installed on the Fusion Drive, the Fusion Drive can’t be formatted. DoYourData Super Eraser for Mac also offers another modes to permanently erase data from Fusion Drive on Mac.
Shred files from Fusion Drive
This mode can help you selectively shred files/folders from Fusion Drive. Just add files from Fusion Drive to the erasure list, and then permanently erase them.
Wipe deleted data on Fusion Drive
Wipe free disk space mode is able to wipe the free disk space of the Fusion Drive and it will permanently erase all already deleted/lost data on the Fusion Drive, it will not affect the existing data on the Fusion Drive.
DoYourData Super Eraser for Mac offers military & government data erasure standards to help you securely and permanently erase data from Fusion Drive before you sell or donate your Mac machine. It is 100% safe, it will never cause any damage to your Fusion Drive. Just free download it for data erasure on Fusion Drive:
- Permanently Delete Files on Mac
- Permanently Format Mac Hard Drive
- Format and Permanently Wipe External Hard Drive on Mac
- Erase Mac Trash Bin Data
- Three Options to Permanently Wipe MacBook Data
- How to Make Data Recovery Impossible on Mac?
- Easy Way to Reformat Memory Card on Mac
- Secure Solution to Permanently Wipe Data before Selling Old Mac Computer
- How to Permanently Erase Photos from Mac?
- How to Easily Reset a Mac to Factory Settings?
Mac Data Erasure
- How to Permanently Erase External Hard Drive Data on Mac?
- Wipe Emptied Mac Trash and Permanently Erase Deleted Files
- Paragon Disk Wiper for Mac Free Download
- Mac Disk Utility Alternative with More Powerful Data Erasure
- Disk Formatting Software for Mac
- How to format a USB Drive on Mac?
- How to Erase Data from CF Card under Mac OS?
- How to Format Raw Drive/USB/SD Card/External Hard Drive on Mac?
- Permanently Delete Files in macOS 10.13 High Sierra
- Permanently Delete Files/Erase Hard Drive in APFS File System
- Permanently Delete Microsoft Office Documents on Mac
- How to Format or Reformat SSD on Mac?
- How to Permanently Delete Photos from iPhoto?
- How to Permanently Delete Data from SD Card on Mac?
- How to Format Hard Drive in macOS 10.14 Mojave?
- Why Deleted Data on Mac Can Be Recovered? How to Avoid This?
- How to Format Unrecognized Memory Card on Mac?
- Two Ways to Format External Hard Drive/USB Drive under macOS 10.14 Mojave
- Prevent Data Recovery on USB Flash Drive with Mac Data Eraser
- How to Prevent Data Recovery from SD Card under Mac OS?