How to Wipe Backup Hard Drive on Mac?
by Shirly Chen, 2019-09-11
In case that some important files would be deleted by mistake, Mac users always need a regular backup the safeguard the files. They always back up Mac data with an external hard drive or USB flash drive. But, as days passed, the backup hard drive be be sold or donated, then the backup data should be permanently. In this article, we will show you how to securely and permanently erase data from backup hard drive on Mac.
The best tool for Mac backup hard drive data erasure
We know that the deleted or formatted data can be recovered by data recovery software. Even you have format the Mac backup hard drive, the formatted data on this hard drive still can be recovered by data recovery software.
Can disk utility permanently erase data from backup hard drive?
No, disk utility can’t permanently erase the data from backup hard drive because advanced data recovery software is able to recover lost data which is erased by Mac disk utility.
If you want to permanently erase data from backup hard drive on Mac, you need special Mac data erasure tool, such as DoYourData Super Eraser for Mac. This tool can help you securely and permanently erase the backup hard drive to make data recovery be impossible. With military & government level data erasure standards, you can securely and permanently erase data from HDD/SSD, USB flash drive, memory card, digital storage device, etc.
The three modes to permanently erase data from Mac backup hard drive
DoYourData Super Eraser for Mac is pretty simple to use. Here, it offers three flexible modes to permanently erase sensitive data from Mac backup hard drive.
Mode 1: Selectively erase files from Mac backup hard drive
If you only want to erase some special files from the Mac backup hard drive, you can choose this mode. Just add the files from Mac backup hard drive to the erasure list, then click on “Erase Now” button to permanently erase the selected files and folders.
Mode 2: Wipe entire Mac backup hard drive
This mode will securely and permanently wipe the entire Mac backup hard drive to permanently erase all data on the Mac backup hard drive. Before you sell, donate or dispose old backup hard drive, this mode is perfect for you to wipe all data on the Mac backup hard drive.
Mode 3: Wipe free space of Mac backup hard drive
You may have deleted some files on the backup hard drive, how to permanently erase the already deleted files? Just wipe the free disk space of the Mac backup hard drive, then all the deleted/lost data on the Mac backup hard drive will be permanently erased. It will not affect the existing files on the Mac backup hard drive.
DoYourData Super Eraser for Mac can securely, permanently and quickly erase data from Mac backup hard drive. Once the data is erased by this powerful data erasure software, the data can’t be recovered by any data recovery software. You can test with a data recovery program. And, this tool will not cause any damage to your HDD or SSD, just trust it.
Download DoYourData Super Eraser for Mac to permanently erase data from Mac backup hard drive (Time-machine backup hard drive included):
- Permanently Delete Files on Mac
- Permanently Format Mac Hard Drive
- Format and Permanently Wipe External Hard Drive on Mac
- Erase Mac Trash Bin Data
- Three Options to Permanently Wipe MacBook Data
- How to Make Data Recovery Impossible on Mac?
- Easy Way to Reformat Memory Card on Mac
- Secure Solution to Permanently Wipe Data before Selling Old Mac Computer
- How to Permanently Erase Photos from Mac?
- How to Easily Reset a Mac to Factory Settings?
Mac Data Erasure
- How to Permanently Erase External Hard Drive Data on Mac?
- Wipe Emptied Mac Trash and Permanently Erase Deleted Files
- Paragon Disk Wiper for Mac Free Download
- Mac Disk Utility Alternative with More Powerful Data Erasure
- Disk Formatting Software for Mac
- How to format a USB Drive on Mac?
- How to Erase Data from CF Card under Mac OS?
- How to Format Raw Drive/USB/SD Card/External Hard Drive on Mac?
- Permanently Delete Files in macOS 10.13 High Sierra
- Permanently Delete Files/Erase Hard Drive in APFS File System
- Permanently Delete Microsoft Office Documents on Mac
- How to Format or Reformat SSD on Mac?
- How to Permanently Delete Photos from iPhoto?
- How to Permanently Delete Data from SD Card on Mac?
- How to Format Hard Drive in macOS 10.14 Mojave?
- Why Deleted Data on Mac Can Be Recovered? How to Avoid This?
- How to Format Unrecognized Memory Card on Mac?
- Two Ways to Format External Hard Drive/USB Drive under macOS 10.14 Mojave
- Prevent Data Recovery on USB Flash Drive with Mac Data Eraser
- How to Prevent Data Recovery from SD Card under Mac OS?