How to format WD My Passport Portable Hard Drive on Mac?
by Shirly Chen, 2017-02-14
"Hi, I have a 2TB WD My Passport portable hard drive and a MacBook Pro. I am looking for a solution to format the WD My Passport portable hard drive on my MacBook Pro. Do you know how to do that?" – Jason
Do you know how to format WD My Passport portable hard drive on Mac? If you don’t have any ideas, you can find a reliable solution in this article. Formatting is a good method to help you regain the full storage of your WD My Passport portable hard drive. It is also a good way to remove virus-infected files completely. And with special tool, you even can permanently destroy all the data on your WD My Passport portable hard drive after formatting.
TWO easy methods to format WD My Passport portable hard drive on Mac
Of course, there are more than two methods that can help you format a WD My Passport portable hard drive under Mac OS. However, all of the solutions can be divided into two types: format, format & wipe. The difference is if the formatted data can be recovered by data recovery software or data recover service. Now, I will show you the two methods to format WD My Passport portable hard drive on Mac.
Method 1: format WD My Passport portable hard drive on Mac with disk utility.
Disk utility is a Mac application, you can run it on your Mac. It will list all the hard drives and devices on your Mac computer. You just need to select the WD My Passport portable hard drive and erase it. Disk utility will erase the data and format your WD My Passport portable hard drive. Some other applications also can help you quick format your WD My Passport portable hard drive on Mac. Start Menu for Mac, for example, can help you quickly format your WD My Passport portable hard drive on Mac.
Please note that this type of formatting can permanently destroy your data. The formatted data still stored on the unused disk space of WD My Passport portable hard drive and can be recovered by Mac data recovery software or manual data recovery service.
Method 2: format WD My Passport portable hard drive on Mac with Super Eraser for Mac.
You may know to how to recover lost data from formatted WD My Passport portable hard drive. So it is not safe to sell or donate your device if you just quick format it. It is strongly recommended to destroy the sensitive data before you sell, donate, give away or lend your WD My Passport portable hard drive to other people. Now, you need special Mac data erasure tool – Super Eraser for Mac to help you format WD My Passport portable hard drive on Mac and completely destroy the formatted data, beyond the scope of data recovery.
When you run Super Eraser for Mac to format your WD My Passport portable hard drive for Mac, it will format the hard drive at first. Then it will shred and wipe all the formatted data. And last, it will overwrite the unused disk space with zero bites. So once your WD My Passport portable hard drive is formatted by Super Eraser for Mac, all the existing data and history data on the device will be permanently lost, can’t be recovered by any method.
- Permanently Delete Files on Mac
- Permanently Format Mac Hard Drive
- Format and Permanently Wipe External Hard Drive on Mac
- Erase Mac Trash Bin Data
- Three Options to Permanently Wipe MacBook Data
- How to Make Data Recovery Impossible on Mac?
- Easy Way to Reformat Memory Card on Mac
- Secure Solution to Permanently Wipe Data before Selling Old Mac Computer
- How to Permanently Erase Photos from Mac?
- How to Easily Reset a Mac to Factory Settings?
Mac Data Erasure
- How to Permanently Erase External Hard Drive Data on Mac?
- Wipe Emptied Mac Trash and Permanently Erase Deleted Files
- Paragon Disk Wiper for Mac Free Download
- Mac Disk Utility Alternative with More Powerful Data Erasure
- Disk Formatting Software for Mac
- How to format a USB Drive on Mac?
- How to Erase Data from CF Card under Mac OS?
- How to Format Raw Drive/USB/SD Card/External Hard Drive on Mac?
- Permanently Delete Files in macOS 10.13 High Sierra
- Permanently Delete Files/Erase Hard Drive in APFS File System
- Permanently Delete Microsoft Office Documents on Mac
- How to Format or Reformat SSD on Mac?
- How to Permanently Delete Photos from iPhoto?
- How to Permanently Delete Data from SD Card on Mac?
- How to Format Hard Drive in macOS 10.14 Mojave?
- Why Deleted Data on Mac Can Be Recovered? How to Avoid This?
- How to Format Unrecognized Memory Card on Mac?
- Two Ways to Format External Hard Drive/USB Drive under macOS 10.14 Mojave
- Prevent Data Recovery on USB Flash Drive with Mac Data Eraser
- How to Prevent Data Recovery from SD Card under Mac OS?