How to Permanently Delete Data from SD Card on Mac?
by Shirly Chen, 2017-04-16
Someday, I find an old SD card. I don’t need it anymore, so I just want to throw it to trash. When I connect it with my Mac, I find many photos and videos. I know when I delete the photos/videos or format the SD card, the photos/videos are still can be recovered by Mac data recovery software. So, it is not safe to me. I should find a solution to permanently erase data on the SD card before I throw it into trash bin. What should I do? Finally, I find an easy solution to permanently delete data from the SD card on my Mac. If you also need this kind of solution, just read this article.
What I need if I am going to shred data from SD card under Mac OS? I need three tools:
- My Mac
- Card reader
- Data erasure software
Now, I just need to find reliable data erasure software which can help in permanently deleting data from SD card on Mac. There are some data erasure programs, but most of them are only for Windows operating system. Fortunately, DoYourData Super Eraser for Mac gives me the hope. This data erasure software for Mac can help me erase data permanently from any hard drive and external device.
Actually, this software offers so many options that I can securely erase my data or deleted data from the SD card on Mac. It will not affect the service life of the SD card. If you will sell or donate your SD card to other people, it could be a good option for erasing private data on the SD card under Mac OS.
Three modes to permanently delete data from SD card on Mac
Mode 1: permanently delete data from SD card on Mac
This mode can help you permanently delete files/folders from SD card under Mac OS. Just select the files/folders from the SD card, then click on "Erase Now" button to permanently erase the selected files/folders.
Mode 2: wipe SD card on Mac
If you want to permanently erase all data information on the SD card, this mode is perfect for you. It will format and erase the entire SD card to permanently wipe all data information, no trace left.
Mode 3: wipe deleted/lost data on the SD card
If you only want to permanently erase already deleted/lost data on the SD card, you can wipe the free disk space of the SD card. All the deleted/lost data will be permanently erased. It will not affect the existing data.
I just quickly and securely delete all my data from the SD card on Mac. Then I run a data recovery program to scan the SD card, no data found. It means all my data information is lost forever. If you want to permanently delete data from SD card on a Mac, you also can download DoYourData Super Eraser for Mac. It is really the best tool for permanently erasing data from any hard drive or device.
- Permanently Delete Files on Mac
- Permanently Format Mac Hard Drive
- Format and Permanently Wipe External Hard Drive on Mac
- Erase Mac Trash Bin Data
- Three Options to Permanently Wipe MacBook Data
- How to Make Data Recovery Impossible on Mac?
- Easy Way to Reformat Memory Card on Mac
- Secure Solution to Permanently Wipe Data before Selling Old Mac Computer
- How to Permanently Erase Photos from Mac?
- How to Easily Reset a Mac to Factory Settings?
Mac Data Erasure
- How to Permanently Erase External Hard Drive Data on Mac?
- Wipe Emptied Mac Trash and Permanently Erase Deleted Files
- Paragon Disk Wiper for Mac Free Download
- Mac Disk Utility Alternative with More Powerful Data Erasure
- Disk Formatting Software for Mac
- How to format a USB Drive on Mac?
- How to Erase Data from CF Card under Mac OS?
- How to Format Raw Drive/USB/SD Card/External Hard Drive on Mac?
- Permanently Delete Files in macOS 10.13 High Sierra
- Permanently Delete Files/Erase Hard Drive in APFS File System
- Permanently Delete Microsoft Office Documents on Mac
- How to Format or Reformat SSD on Mac?
- How to Permanently Delete Photos from iPhoto?
- How to Permanently Delete Data from SD Card on Mac?
- How to Format Hard Drive in macOS 10.14 Mojave?
- Why Deleted Data on Mac Can Be Recovered? How to Avoid This?
- How to Format Unrecognized Memory Card on Mac?
- Two Ways to Format External Hard Drive/USB Drive under macOS 10.14 Mojave
- Prevent Data Recovery on USB Flash Drive with Mac Data Eraser
- How to Prevent Data Recovery from SD Card under Mac OS?