How to Permanently Erase Data from USB Stick on Mac?
by Shirly Chen, 2018-04-08
If at any time we no longer need a USB stick and for any reason, such as selling it, giving it away or simply discarding it, we have the concern that someone may have access to the information that we eventually stored in it despite the fact that have formatted it one or several times (anyone can recover deleted or formatted data from USB stick with free data recovery software), for this reason there are ways to permanently erase data from USB stick on Mac.
Although Disk Utility can format a USB stick quickly, this task is not enough, since there may be traces of information within the free space that, any data recovery software can bring back, so the need to have a more effective option when it comes to permanently deleting data on a USB stick before getting rid of it.
Best way to permanently erase data from USB stick on Mac
As said above, data recovery software can easily recover deleted/formatted data from USB stick, so you need special data erasure tool for Mac to help you permanently erase data from USB stick under Mac OS. Here, we recommend DoYourData Super Eraser for Mac. It is a famous data erasure software for Mac and it can securely and permanently erase data from any kind of USB stick on Mac.
DoYourData Super Eraser for Mac remove all traces of information contained in USB sticks thanks to powerful data erasure algorithms to ensure that all information has been permanently removed so that no data recovery software can try to recover anything that has been inside the unit, so you can get rid of that USB stick without any concern. So, if you want to permanently erase data from USB stick on Mac, DoYourData Super Eraser for Mac is your best choice.
Three modes to permanently erase data from USB stick
DoYourData Super Eraser for Mac is a fairly simple software to use. So you can permanently and safely delete all the data you've previously stored on any USB stick without fear that someone can recover that data (just connect your USB stick with your Mac and run DoYourData Super Eraser for Mac to erase your data from the USB stick). It offers three data erasure modes, just choose the best one for you.
Mode 1: Erase files and folders from USB stick on Mac
This mode allows you to permanently erase existing files and folders from USB stick under Mac OS. Just add files/folders from the USB stick and click on "Erase Now" button, all the selected files/folders will be permanently erased.
Mode 2: Wipe the entire USB stick on Mac
In the main interface of DoYourData Super Eraser for Mac choose the second option of the menu located on the left side "Wipe Hard Drive", then select the USB stick to which you want to permanently delete the information and click on the button "Wipe Now". Then DoYourData Super Eraser for Mac will begin to format and erase the USB stick to wipe all data.
Step 3: Wipe already deleted/lost data from the USB stick under Mac OS
Choose the option "Wipe Free Space" to clean all available space of the USB stick to permanently erase already deleted/lost data on the USB stick. It will not affect the existing data on the USB stick.
Now, you have known how to permanently erase your data from USB stick on Mac. Just quickly install DoYourData Super Eraser for Mac, and run it to wipe your sensitive data before you sell or donate your USB stick. You also can use it to format and erase damaged or inaccessible USB stick on Mac to fix logical errors.
- Permanently Delete Files on Mac
- Permanently Format Mac Hard Drive
- Format and Permanently Wipe External Hard Drive on Mac
- Erase Mac Trash Bin Data
- Three Options to Permanently Wipe MacBook Data
- How to Make Data Recovery Impossible on Mac?
- Easy Way to Reformat Memory Card on Mac
- Secure Solution to Permanently Wipe Data before Selling Old Mac Computer
- How to Permanently Erase Photos from Mac?
- How to Easily Reset a Mac to Factory Settings?
Mac Data Erasure
- How to Permanently Erase External Hard Drive Data on Mac?
- Wipe Emptied Mac Trash and Permanently Erase Deleted Files
- Paragon Disk Wiper for Mac Free Download
- Mac Disk Utility Alternative with More Powerful Data Erasure
- Disk Formatting Software for Mac
- How to format a USB Drive on Mac?
- How to Erase Data from CF Card under Mac OS?
- How to Format Raw Drive/USB/SD Card/External Hard Drive on Mac?
- Permanently Delete Files in macOS 10.13 High Sierra
- Permanently Delete Files/Erase Hard Drive in APFS File System
- Permanently Delete Microsoft Office Documents on Mac
- How to Format or Reformat SSD on Mac?
- How to Permanently Delete Photos from iPhoto?
- How to Permanently Delete Data from SD Card on Mac?
- How to Format Hard Drive in macOS 10.14 Mojave?
- Why Deleted Data on Mac Can Be Recovered? How to Avoid This?
- How to Format Unrecognized Memory Card on Mac?
- Two Ways to Format External Hard Drive/USB Drive under macOS 10.14 Mojave
- Prevent Data Recovery on USB Flash Drive with Mac Data Eraser
- How to Prevent Data Recovery from SD Card under Mac OS?