All Files Become Shortcuts on My USB Flash Drive, How to Recover Them?
by Justin Kenny, 2018-04-21
"Hello, I find all my files and folders on my USB flash drive become shortcuts…how to solve this issue?" – Mandana
Virus, logical error or uncompleted format can result in files become shortcuts on your USB flash drive or other device. In most cases, you have to find a way to solve this issue before you format your USB flash drive to solve this issue. If you have no idea, don’t worry, just follow this guide – you will easily solve this issue and recover all your lost files.
Ste-by-step: solve issue "My files become shortcuts on USB flash drive"
Step 1: Finding data recovery software to recover the lost files on USB flash drive
When the files become shortcuts on your USB flash drive, they are just deleted from your USB flash drive. With reliable data recovery software, you can easily and quickly recover these files/folders which have become shortcuts on your USB flash drive.
Do Your Data Recovery is a powerful data recovery program. It supports to completely recover lost files/folders which have become shortcuts from your USB flash drive. This software is pretty simple to use. So, you can recover your files at home or anywhere you want. Here, you can follow these steps to easily recover your files from USB flash drive when all files become shortcuts.
1. Select the USB flash drive and scan it to find all your lost files.
2. Select the file types you want to recover – or the software will recover all types of lost files from the USB flash drive.
3. Preview and recover your lost files.
If you can’t find all your lost files after quick scan, you can try advanced recovery mode to find more lost files from the USB flash drive. And please don’t save the recovered files to the USB flash drive before you solve this issue. As you’ve seen, Do Your Data Recovery can easily recover all files which have become shortcuts on an USB flash drive. So, don’t worry, you can easily get your files back.
Step 2: Format the USB flash drive to solve the shortcuts issue
After you recover all your lost files, you can format the USB flash drive to solve the shortcuts issue. You can easily and quickly format the USB flash drive on your PC or Mac with system utility. But, if you want to permanently erase the virus or files on the USB flash drive, you need data erasure tool.
DoYourData Super Eraser (click here to download DoYourData Super Eraser) can help you permanently erase USB flash drive on PC or Mac. Just run it on your computer, you will see three data erasure modes – erase files/folders, wipe hard drive, wipe free space. Just choose "Wipe Hard Drive". Then erase your USB flash drive to format it and permanently erase all data information on it.
After you format the USB flash drive, you will find the shortcuts issue is solved. It means you can use it again to store your data.
As you have seen, it is quick and simple to solve the issue "my files on USB flash drive become shortcuts". The most important step is recovering your lost files with data recovery software. Do Your Data Recovery makes the data recovery become easy and simple, just download it here:
- Recover Lost Files from WD Elements Portable Hard Drive
- 1TB External Hard Drive Data Recovery
- Recover Lost Data from Memory Stick
- Recover Lost Data from Formatted Seagate External Hard Drive
- Mac USB Drive Data Recovery
- Recover Lost Videos and Photos from Sony Camera
- Recover Deleted Photos from Kodak Digital Camera
- Recover Lost Data from Toshiba External Hard Drive on Mac with Freeware
- Full Kingston USB Flash Drive Data Recovery Solution
- WD Red NAS Hard Drive Lost File Recovery
- How to Recover Deleted Videos from Digital Camcorder?
- Recover Deleted or Lost Digital Camera Photos under Mac OS
- Freeware for Raw USB Drive Data Recovery
- Mac USB Drive Data Recovery Freeware
- Restore Lost Files from Corrupted USB drive on Mac
- Recover Data from a Dead USB drive
- Restore Lost Files from Virus Infected USB Drive
- Unformat Toshiba External Hard Drive on Windows and Mac
- Recover Data from Unmounted External Hard Drive on Mac
- Recover Data from SanDisk Extreme USB flash drive on Mac
- How to Repair External Hard Drive on Mac?
- How to Recover Lost Data from XQD Card on Mac?
- How to Recover Lost Photos from Canon EOS Camera?
- Restore All Files When External Hard Drive Is Not Showing Files
- Old, Unused, Discarded, Dead External Hard Disk Data Recovery