How to Wipe All Data from HP Computer before Selling It?
by Shirly Chen, 2018-06-20
"Hi, I am planning to sell an old HP computer. I have been used this computer for 3 years. There are thousands of files stored into this computer. I have formatted the hard drive on the HP computer. But, after running a data recovery scan, the files still can be found. I can’t accept this. Is there any way to permanently wipe all data on my hard drive, no chance for data recovery?" – Marie
>How to permanently wipe all data from HP computer before you sell it? Don’t worry. There are some data erasure programs can help you permanently wipe data from HP computer. In this article, we will show you how to permanently and quickly wipe all data from HP computer before you sell it.
HP computer data erasure software
In this article, we would like to recommend you to try reliable HP computer data erasure software – DoYourData Super Eraser to erase your data before you sell the HP computer. It offers certified data erasure standards, including: HMG Infosec, U.S. Army, DoD 5220, Peter Gutmann's algorithm, etc. So, it is 100% data eraser to help you wipe all your data.
HP computer data erasure software will securely erase your data without causing any damage. Before you sell/donate your HP computer, it can quickly wipe all your data. It also can help you wipe data from USB flash drive, memory card, digital camera, external hard drive, etc.
Three ways to permanently wipe all data before selling HP computer
You maybe only want to permanently erase some files, or want to wipe hard drive to erase all data. Don’t worry, HP computer data erasure software offers flexible solutions to help you permanently erase data depending on your needs.
Mode 1: Permanently erase files/folders from HP computer.
If you only want to shred some files/folders from HP computer, this mode can help you erase targeted files/folders. Just add and select the files/folders, then click on "Erase Now" button to destroy the selected files/folders.
Mode 2: Wipe hard drive on HP computer.
This mode can help you erase entire HP hard drive to permanently erase all data information on this hard drive.
Mode 3: Permanently erase already deleted/formatted data.
The deleted/lost data is still on the hard drive – stored on the free disk space of the hard drive. This mode can help you wipe free disk space of hard drive to permanently erase already deleted/lost data on HP computer.
This is how to use HP computer data erasure software to permanently wipe all data before selling HP computer. Once the data is erased by HP computer data erasure software, the data is gone forever, can’t be recovered by any data recovery software. So, please back up your important data to another computer/disk before you use it to wipe your HP computer.
- Permanently Erase Data before Selling A PC or Hard Drive
- How to Securely and Permanently Wipe Seagate Hard Drive Data?
- Permanently Format Mac Hard Drive
- Permanently Erase Photos from Digital Camera
- How to Format External Hard Drive on Windows or Mac?
- Kroll Ontrack Data Erasure Software Alternative
- Prevent Recovery of Deleted Files and Formatted Files
- How to Permanently Delete Files in Windows 10?
- Two Ways to Format USB Flash Drive on PC/Mac
- Permanently Erase Data before Selling External Hard Drive
Data Erasure Tips
- Permanently Destroy or Erase Photos
- Permanently Delete Files on Mac
- Permanently Wipe USB Drive Data
- How to Permanently Erase SD Card Data
- Wipe WD (western digital) External Hard Drive
- Permanently Wipe All Data from Mobile Phone SD Card
- Permanently Erase Data on Removable Hard Disk
- How to Permanently Wipe Memory Card Data?
- How to Destroy Data from Windows 7 Hard Drive?
- How to Wipe Window 8 Hard Drive Partition?
- Shred and Destroy Word, Excel, PowerPoint files
- Permanently Delete a File from the SD Card
- How to Wipe Windows 2000 Hard Drive Partition?
- Securely Erase Data from Samsung Portable Hard Drive
- How to Wipe Hard Drive in Windows Server 2019?