How to Permanently Wipe Data on Dell Computer?
by Shirly Chen, 2017-06-15
"Hi, I am going to sell an old Dell Notebook. I have stored thousands of files on this computer and don’t want other people to get my data. Could you tell me how to permanently wipe my data from the Dell computer?" – Garcos
All of us should know that the deleted or formatted data can be recovered by data recovery software. This is the good thing when you delete files or format hard drive by mistake because you have the chance to get your lost data back. However, in some cases, we don’t want to other people have the chance to recover our personal data. For example, when you sell an old Dell computer to other people, you don’t want the buyer to get your private data. So, it is necessary to permanently wipe your sensitive data from your Dell computer before you sell it or give it to other people.
How to securely wipe data from Dell computer hard drive? In order to permanently erase your data from Dell computer, you need special data erasure tool – DoYourData Super Eraser. This professional data erasure software will securely and permanently erase data from Dell computer without affecting the physical performance of the computer. Once the data is erased by DoYourData Super Eraser, it will permanently lost, can’t be recovered by any method.
Three modes to wipe data from Dell computer
Not all of users want to wipe all data from Dell computer. Fortunately, DoYourData Super Eraser offers three data erasure modes to help you erase data from Dell computer in different situations. It not only permanently deletes files and folders, but it also can wipe hard drive, erase free disk space.
Mode 1: Selectively erase files/folders from Dell computer.
This mode allows you to erase specific files and folders from your Dell computer. The erased files and folders will be permanently lost.
Mode 2: Wipe hard drive on Dell Computer.
This mode can help you wipe entire hard drive partition. You just need to select the hard drive partition on your Dell computer and click on "Wipe Now" button. All the data and traces on the selected hard drive partition will be permanently erased. No information will be left.
Mode 3: Wipe deleted/lost data.
The deleted/formatted/lost data is stored on the free disk space of hard drive. This mode can help you wipe the free disk space to permanently erase the already deleted/lost data and history traces on the hard drive. It will not affect the existing data.
Before you sell your Dell computer, lend your Dell computer to other people, you’d better use this tool to permanently erase your sensitive data such as documents, photos, videos, audio, etc. DoYourData Super Eraser can permanently erase data with advanced data erasure technology. Please back up your important data to another hard drive before you use it to wipe hard drive. Once the data is erased by DoYourData Super Eraser, it will be permanently lost.
- Permanently Erase Data before Selling A PC or Hard Drive
- How to Securely and Permanently Wipe Seagate Hard Drive Data?
- Permanently Format Mac Hard Drive
- Permanently Erase Photos from Digital Camera
- How to Format External Hard Drive on Windows or Mac?
- Kroll Ontrack Data Erasure Software Alternative
- Prevent Recovery of Deleted Files and Formatted Files
- How to Permanently Delete Files in Windows 10?
- Two Ways to Format USB Flash Drive on PC/Mac
- Permanently Erase Data before Selling External Hard Drive
Data Erasure Tips
- Permanently Destroy or Erase Photos
- Permanently Delete Files on Mac
- Permanently Wipe USB Drive Data
- How to Permanently Erase SD Card Data
- Wipe WD (western digital) External Hard Drive
- Permanently Wipe All Data from Mobile Phone SD Card
- Permanently Erase Data on Removable Hard Disk
- How to Permanently Wipe Memory Card Data?
- How to Destroy Data from Windows 7 Hard Drive?
- How to Wipe Window 8 Hard Drive Partition?
- Shred and Destroy Word, Excel, PowerPoint files
- Permanently Delete a File from the SD Card
- How to Wipe Windows 2000 Hard Drive Partition?
- Securely Erase Data from Samsung Portable Hard Drive
- How to Wipe Hard Drive in Windows Server 2019?