Summary: In this article, you can get the solutions to recover deleted, formatted or lost data on a M2 MacBook Air - the new Apple Silicon chip M2 MacBook Air.
Apple in June 2022 unveiled the new MacBook Air with M2 chip. Data loss can happen on any device including M2 MacBook Air. For example, if you delete a important PDF file and empty it from trash bin, the PDF file is lost. Now, follow this guide to recover lost files on M2 MacBook Air.
Methods to recover lost data from M2 MacBook Air:
- Restore files from trash bin - if you find the deleted files in the trash bin, select them and quickly put them back to your disk.
- Recover lost files using data recovery application - data recovery software can scan the Mac disk and then find all recoverable files. Select the wanted files and save them.
- Recover lost files via Time Machine - connect Time Machine backup software and then quickly restore lost files from backups.
- Recover lost files via clone backups - if you have backups for your M2 MacBook Air, you can restore the lost files from the backups.
We will not explain how to recover lost files from trash bin or backups, these methods are very simple. We will focus on data recovery when you don’t have a backup and the deleted files are emptied from the trash bin.
The best method to recover lost data from M2 MacBook Air
Data recovery software is the ultimate method to recover deleted, formatted or lost data on M2 MacBook Air. Here, we strongly recommend a data recovery app - Do Your Data Recovery for Mac. It is fully capable of recovering lost data from M1, M2 or T1, T2, Intel-based Macs.
Now, follow the steps below to recover lost data from M2 MacBook Air:
Step 1. Open Do Your Data Recovery for Mac on your M2 MacBook Air, then select the hard drive where you delete or lose your files.
Step 2. Click on Scan button to scan the hard drive and find lost files.
Step 3. Once the scan is completed, you can preview all recoverable files. Then select the wanted files and save them.
Do Your Data Recovery for Mac offers two scan modes: quick recovery and advanced recovery. If you can’t find all lost files after quick recovery scan, just try advanced recovery mode. Advanced Recovery will deeply scan the hard drive and find all recoverable files including deleted, hidden and inaccessible files.
M2 MacBook Air Data Recovery FAQs
1. Can I recover permanently deleted files on M2 MacBook Air?
Yes, with Do Your Data Recovery for Mac, you can recover permanently deleted files from M2 MacBook Air hard drive or external hard drive, USB flash drive, memory card, etc.
2. Is it possible to recover lost data from encrypted M2 MacBook Air disk?
Yes, Do Your Data Recovery for Mac can scan the encrypted SSD or HDD and find the recoverable file.
3. How to prevent files on M2 MacBook Air from being recovered?
If you want to wipe sensitive data before selling or donating a M2 MacBook Air, just try data erasure software - DoYourData Super Eraser for Mac to help you wipe your data permanently. Once the data is erased by data erasure software, the data is gone forever, can’t be recovered by any data recovery software.
4. The startup disk is erased by Disk Utility, the data is lost forever?
No, the data is not lost forever. Just use Do Your Data Recovery for Mac to scan the erased startup disk and recover lost data.