How to Format Raw Drive/USB/SD Card/External Hard Drive on Mac?
by Shirly Chen, 2017-06-02
Do you know how to format a raw hard drive under Mac OS? How to format corrupted SD card or USB flash drive on Mac? Here are some solutions can help you format/reformat raw hard drive or storage media under Mac OS. If you are going to format a raw drive/device on Mac, you can read these solutions.
Solution 1: Format raw drive/device with Mac Disk Utility
Disk Utility is a built-in application in OS X or macOS. It can help you erase hard drive or storage media device on Mac. So, it can help Mac users to format a raw hard drive or media device on Mac. It is very easy, just open this app, then select the raw hard drive or device and click on "Erase" button.
Please note that the data can be recovered after the raw drive or device has been formatted by disk utility.
Solution 2: Format raw hard drive/device with Super Eraser for Mac
If you want to format a raw hard drive and permanently erase all data on the hard drive, you need special data erasure tool. DoYourData Super Eraser for Mac can help you securely format raw hard drive or device and permanently erase all data. It even can format a corrupted, inaccessible hard drive, SD card, USB drive, etc.
Step 1: Download and install DoYourData Super Eraser for Mac on your Mac.
Step 2: Run DoYourData Super Eraser for Mac on your Mac, select "Wipe Hard Drive" mode.
Step 3: Select the raw hard drive you want to format and click on "Wipe Now" button.
DoYourData Super Eraser for Mac will permanently erase all data from the raw hard drive after you click on Wipe Now button. It means all existing data and history data on the raw hard drive will be erased.
Formatting raw hard drive on Mac is very easy with disk utility or DoYourData Super Eraser for Mac. If you want to format a raw hard drive/device, you can try solutions above to get the raw hard drive/device formatted. When your hard drive or device gets corrupted, you can use these tools to format the raw drive/device to fix errors.
- Permanently Delete Files on Mac
- Permanently Format Mac Hard Drive
- Format and Permanently Wipe External Hard Drive on Mac
- Erase Mac Trash Bin Data
- Three Options to Permanently Wipe MacBook Data
- How to Make Data Recovery Impossible on Mac?
- Easy Way to Reformat Memory Card on Mac
- Secure Solution to Permanently Wipe Data before Selling Old Mac Computer
- How to Permanently Erase Photos from Mac?
- How to Easily Reset a Mac to Factory Settings?
Mac Data Erasure
- How to Permanently Erase External Hard Drive Data on Mac?
- Wipe Emptied Mac Trash and Permanently Erase Deleted Files
- Paragon Disk Wiper for Mac Free Download
- Mac Disk Utility Alternative with More Powerful Data Erasure
- Disk Formatting Software for Mac
- How to format a USB Drive on Mac?
- How to Erase Data from CF Card under Mac OS?
- How to Format Raw Drive/USB/SD Card/External Hard Drive on Mac?
- Permanently Delete Files in macOS 10.13 High Sierra
- Permanently Delete Files/Erase Hard Drive in APFS File System
- Permanently Delete Microsoft Office Documents on Mac
- How to Format or Reformat SSD on Mac?
- How to Permanently Delete Photos from iPhoto?
- How to Permanently Delete Data from SD Card on Mac?
- How to Format Hard Drive in macOS 10.14 Mojave?
- Why Deleted Data on Mac Can Be Recovered? How to Avoid This?
- How to Format Unrecognized Memory Card on Mac?
- Two Ways to Format External Hard Drive/USB Drive under macOS 10.14 Mojave
- Prevent Data Recovery on USB Flash Drive with Mac Data Eraser
- How to Prevent Data Recovery from SD Card under Mac OS?