Secure Solution to Permanently Wipe Data before Selling Old Mac Computer
by Shirly Chen, 2016-09-08
"Hi, I have an old MacBook Air that I have been using for 2 years. I will not use it any longer, and want to sell it on eBay. But I have stored thousands of private documents, videos and images on it. Before selling it to other people, I want to permanently delete the files and wipe the hard drive. What should I do?"
Why should we permanently wipe data before selling old Mac computer? The reason is pretty simple. We don’t want to other people get our private information. When our private files fall into wrong hands, it can lead to loss of privacy, business, property, reputation, and even cause criminal offence. For example, if other people get see your very private selfies, that would be terrible. And even worse, the criminals may get your financial information, account, password etc by recovery lost data from your old Mac computer.
In a word: we should permanently wipe sensitive data before selling the old Mac computer.
Some people may just delete the files or format the Mac hard drive before selling their old Mac computers. They think after deleting the files, emptying trash bin, or erasing the hard drive, their files are lost forever. Actually, it is a big mistake. The deleted or formatted files can be easily recovered by Mac data recovery software. Other people can easily recover your lost data from your old Mac even you have formatted the hard drive. It is very easy to get free Mac data recovery software, any user can recover your deleted/formatted data with it. So it is never safe if you only delete files or format hard drive before selling your old Mac computer.
Then, how to permanently wipe data before selling old Mac computer?
Permanently Wipe Sensitive Data before Selling Old Mac Computer
In order to permanently wipe data before selling old Mac, you need a third-party data erasing tool. Super Eraser for Mac is a good choice. It will computer erase data from your Mac and overwrite the disk space to make data recovery impossible. After erasure with Super Eraser for Mac, the data is lost forever, can’t be recovered by any data recovery software or data recovery service.
Besides its powerful data erasing capacity, Super Eraser for Mac also has flexible data erasure modes. It offers three modes to help you permanently wipe data before selling your old Mac computer.
Mode 1: Selectively erase files or folders on your old Mac.
Mode 2: Wipe the entire hard drive to permanently destroy and wipe the existing data, deleted/lost data and history traces.
Mode 3: Wipe unused disk space to permanently wipe the deleted/lost data or traces on your Mac hard drive.
Super Eraser for Mac will remove all your worries when you are going to sell your old Mac. It is 100% capable of wiping sensitive data before selling old Mac. It also can permanently wipe data from external hard drive, digital camera, USB drive under Mac OS. It is safe, efficient, and easy-to-use, so why don’t use it to permanently wipe data before you sell your old Mac computer?
- Permanently Delete Files on Mac
- Permanently Format Mac Hard Drive
- Format and Permanently Wipe External Hard Drive on Mac
- Erase Mac Trash Bin Data
- Three Options to Permanently Wipe MacBook Data
- How to Make Data Recovery Impossible on Mac?
- Easy Way to Reformat Memory Card on Mac
- Secure Solution to Permanently Wipe Data before Selling Old Mac Computer
- How to Permanently Erase Photos from Mac?
- How to Easily Reset a Mac to Factory Settings?
Mac Data Erasure
- How to Permanently Erase External Hard Drive Data on Mac?
- Wipe Emptied Mac Trash and Permanently Erase Deleted Files
- Paragon Disk Wiper for Mac Free Download
- Mac Disk Utility Alternative with More Powerful Data Erasure
- Disk Formatting Software for Mac
- How to format a USB Drive on Mac?
- How to Erase Data from CF Card under Mac OS?
- How to Format Raw Drive/USB/SD Card/External Hard Drive on Mac?
- Permanently Delete Files in macOS 10.13 High Sierra
- Permanently Delete Files/Erase Hard Drive in APFS File System
- Permanently Delete Microsoft Office Documents on Mac
- How to Format or Reformat SSD on Mac?
- How to Permanently Delete Photos from iPhoto?
- How to Permanently Delete Data from SD Card on Mac?
- How to Format Hard Drive in macOS 10.14 Mojave?
- Why Deleted Data on Mac Can Be Recovered? How to Avoid This?
- How to Format Unrecognized Memory Card on Mac?
- Two Ways to Format External Hard Drive/USB Drive under macOS 10.14 Mojave
- Prevent Data Recovery on USB Flash Drive with Mac Data Eraser
- How to Prevent Data Recovery from SD Card under Mac OS?