How to Recover Data from a Dead USB drive or USB stick?
by Justin Kenny, 2015-09-03
What is 'a Dead USB Drive'?
What is the meaning of 'a Dead USB Drive'? A dead USB drive is a USB storage device that can't be detected or recognized by your computer. You can't find the device even though you have inserted the USB drive into your computer port or you can't access to the USB drive and can't get the files that stored in it. Often, there is a pop-up, asking "the USB drive is unformatted and do I want to format it?" Yeah, it seems like a complete dead device. A variety of reasons would make your USB drive a dead device, such as:
- Virus infection. Your USB drive may be infected by virus, and your PC can't recognize the virus-infected USB drive.
- The USB drive is damaged.
- Your USB drive is hidden in PC.
- Unexpected power off.
- Suddenly pulling out of the USB drive when it is working.
Dead USB Data Recovery Software
As the computer can't recognize the dead USB drive, you could hardly view the files. It means that you have lost the files that stored in the dead USB drive. There are some ways to get lost files back from a dead USB drive, but the best yet easiest way is finding a data recovery tool to help you.
Do Your Data Recovery Professional is a complete DIY data recovery tool. You need not to ask an IT pro to teach you how to use it to recover lost files from a dead USB drive. The interface of Do Your Data Recovery Professional is clean and wizard-based that makes it very to use.
How to Recover Lost Files from a Dead USB Drive?
Do Your Data Recovery Professional offers both quick recovery mode and advanced recovery mode for dead USB drive recovery. You can try quick recovery mode first. If you can't find the files you want, please click advanced recovery button to continue, until finding all the files.
Step 1: Choose your USB drive
Step 2: Select file types
Step 3: Preview and recover lost files
- Recover Lost Files from WD Elements Portable Hard Drive
- 1TB External Hard Drive Data Recovery
- Recover Lost Data from Memory Stick
- Recover Lost Data from Formatted Seagate External Hard Drive
- Mac USB Drive Data Recovery
- Recover Lost Videos and Photos from Sony Camera
- Recover Deleted Photos from Kodak Digital Camera
- Recover Lost Data from Toshiba External Hard Drive on Mac with Freeware
- Full Kingston USB Flash Drive Data Recovery Solution
- WD Red NAS Hard Drive Lost File Recovery
- How to Recover Deleted Videos from Digital Camcorder?
- Recover Deleted or Lost Digital Camera Photos under Mac OS
- Freeware for Raw USB Drive Data Recovery
- Mac USB Drive Data Recovery Freeware
- Restore Lost Files from Corrupted USB drive on Mac
- Recover Data from a Dead USB drive
- Restore Lost Files from Virus Infected USB Drive
- Unformat Toshiba External Hard Drive on Windows and Mac
- Recover Data from Unmounted External Hard Drive on Mac
- Recover Data from SanDisk Extreme USB flash drive on Mac
- How to Repair External Hard Drive on Mac?
- How to Recover Lost Data from XQD Card on Mac?
- How to Recover Lost Photos from Canon EOS Camera?
- Restore All Files When External Hard Drive Is Not Showing Files
- Old, Unused, Discarded, Dead External Hard Disk Data Recovery