How to Clone HFS Hard Drive on Mac?
by Henry Lee, 2019-08-06
Through this guide, we will explain how to clone HFS hard drive on Mac. People usually store data in diverse drives, but unexpected issues can make them lose these files and this may be an awful experience. To avoid dealing with uncomfortable situations like this, it is better to have a backup or additional copy in other drives. There are a lot of external hard drives people use to back up their files and so protect them. It is possible to get them based on different features like for example: price, quality, durability, performance, capacity, and other aspects. Cloning is a good option to make a data backup and here we will recommend DoYourClone for Mac.
HFS Disk Clone Software for Mac
DoYourClone for Mac is one of the best programs targeted at cloning HFS hard drive on Mac. This software provides a series of features, which make it very reliable and used by many users. It is very safe, so we can copy data from one hard drive to another hard drive without having any data loss. It is compatible with diverse versions of Mac, including macOS Sierra, macOS High Sierra, macOS Catalina, and others.
DoYourClone for Mac is useful for creating a full disk image of the hard drive; we can clone hard drive on Mac; it is possible to copy only one part of the hard drive, or the entire one if we prefer this way. This cloning program is one of the best options to back up hard drive data. We can protect our photos, videos, notes, contacts, e-mails, recordings, documents, and other files. If you want to clone HFS hard drive, just download and install DoYourClone on the computer.
Two Modes to Clone HFS Hard Drive on Mac
Mode 1: Copy HFS hard drive on Mac
Copy Disk mode is able to help you copy HFS hard disk drive to any other hard drive including Mac-based hard drive, external hard drive, SSD, etc.
Step 1: Choose the source hard drive and the destination hard drive.
Now, just choose the HFS hard drive as the source drive and choose a destination drive to save the copy of the HFS hard drive.
Step 2: Copy HFS hard drive to the destination hard drive.
After selecting the source hard drive and the destination one, we can proceed to copy data. We only have to click on the “Copy Now” button and wait until the process finishes.
Step 3: Check the cloned data.
When the cloning process finishes, we need to verify the cloned data, just to be sure the cloning task was successful.
Mode 2: Create Disk Image of HFS hard drive
Step 1: Choose the source drive and destination drive.
Choose mode “Create Disk Image”, and choose the HFS hard drive as the source drive, choose a destination drive to save the disk image of the HFS hard drive.
Step 2: Create Disk Image.
Create disk image of the HFS hard drive and save it to the destination drive.
Step 3: Check the disk image.
You can check the disk image on the destination drive.
It is a good idea to verify we have cloned data completely to be future inconveniences. Remember, it is possible to lose data any time due to diverse reasons like system crash, virus infection, damaged device, corrupted or inaccessible drives, formatted disks, and even human errors. DoYourClone for Mac is a great choice to back up hard drive data and protect them from unexpected problems like the ones mentioned previously. Just download, install, run and follow some simple steps and your copy will be ready.
Other Mac Utilities
- How to Clone Mac Hard Drive to External Hard Drive?
- How to Clone Memory Card on Mac?
- Three Start Menu Apps for macOS Catalina
- How to Copy Data from Large Hard Drive to Small Hard Drive on Mac?
- How to Copy Hard Drive on macOS High Sierra?
- How to Clone APFS Hard Drive on Mac?
- How to Back Up Hard Disk Drive on macOS Sierra 10.12?
- How to Clone HFS Hard Drive on Mac?
- How to Clone External Hard Drive to Another Hard Drive on Mac?
- Copy USB Flash Drive to Mac Hard Drive by 1-Click
- Copy One Hard Drive to Another on macOS Mojave
- How to Clone SSD to HDD on Mac?
- MacBook Is Running Slow, What to Do?
- Quickly Remove Useless Files on Mac
- DIY Data Recovery Software
- How to Clone Hard Drive to New Hard Drive on Mac?
- Download Best Disk Clone Software for macOS Catalina
- How to Clone HDD to SSD on Mac?
- Free Deep Data Recovery Software for Mac
- How to Unformat Mac Hard Drive
- How to Clone Small Hard Drive to A Large Hard Drive on Mac?