Free Data Destruction Software
by Shirly Chen, 2020-04-10
Looking for a free data destruction program to help you permanently erase data before selling a PC? Data erasure is necessary before you sell or dispose a computer because that data recovery software is able to securely and quickly recover deleted or formatted data. There are some data erasure programs which are able to securely and permanently erase data from hard disk drive or storage device.
A free data destruction software - DBAN
DBAN is a popular free data destruction program. You can choose from different wipe methods including Gutmann Wipe, Department of Defense Short and Medium and others. As you can see the screenshot below, you may think this software is very difficult to use. Yes, if you are not a pro user, it is not the best choice for you.
DoYourData Super Eraser - best data destruction software
For common users, DoYourData Super Eraser is the best choice for data erasure. This is not a free data erasure program, but you can download the trial version to shred 20 files/folders for free. Just download this Windows data destruction software and Mac data destruction software.
Then run it on your computer. Here you can follow the steps to shred files with this data destruction program.
Step 1. Add files/folders.
Run DoYourData Super Eraser on your computer, choose mode Erase Files/Folders. Then add files/folders to the erasure list.
Step 2. Erase selected files/folders.
Now, click on Erase Now button. This data destruction program will permanently erase the selected files/folders.
You can erase 20 files/folders with DoYourData Super Eraser trial version. If you want to erase more files/folders, you have to upgrade to the full version.
Wipe Hard Drive
Before you sell or donate your computer, you’d better permanently erase all data on your hard drive. The Wipe Hard Drive mode is able to wipe entire hard drive to permanently erase all data on the hard drive.
Wipe Free Space
When you only want to erase already deleted files on your hard drive, just choose this mode - Wipe Free Space. This data destruction mode can help you wipe free disk space to erase all already deleted files on your hard drive.
If you are looking for a free data destruction program, you can try DBAN. However, if you are not satisfied with DBAN, we strongly recommend DoYourData Super Eraser. This comprehensive data destruction program can help you erase data from HDD, SSD, memory card, digital camera, USB flash drive, etc. It will not cause any damage to your device.
Don’t let your sensitive data fall into the wrong hands. Before you sell or dispose your computer/digital device, you should permanently erase all your data to prevent potential data recovery. Just download DoYourData Super Eraser to help you easily erase all your data.
- Permanently Erase Data before Selling A PC or Hard Drive
- How to Securely and Permanently Wipe Seagate Hard Drive Data?
- Permanently Format Mac Hard Drive
- Permanently Erase Photos from Digital Camera
- How to Format External Hard Drive on Windows or Mac?
- Kroll Ontrack Data Erasure Software Alternative
- Prevent Recovery of Deleted Files and Formatted Files
- How to Permanently Delete Files in Windows 10?
- Two Ways to Format USB Flash Drive on PC/Mac
- Permanently Erase Data before Selling External Hard Drive
Data Erasure Tips
- Permanently Destroy or Erase Photos
- Permanently Delete Files on Mac
- Permanently Wipe USB Drive Data
- How to Permanently Erase SD Card Data
- Wipe WD (western digital) External Hard Drive
- Permanently Wipe All Data from Mobile Phone SD Card
- Permanently Erase Data on Removable Hard Disk
- How to Permanently Wipe Memory Card Data?
- How to Destroy Data from Windows 7 Hard Drive?
- How to Wipe Window 8 Hard Drive Partition?
- Shred and Destroy Word, Excel, PowerPoint files
- Permanently Delete a File from the SD Card
- How to Wipe Windows 2000 Hard Drive Partition?
- Securely Erase Data from Samsung Portable Hard Drive
- How to Wipe Hard Drive in Windows Server 2019?