How to Wipe Window 8 Hard Drive Partition?
by Shirly Chen, 2016-10-05
Wipe Windows 8 Hard Drive Partition with Built-in Format Function
When a hard drive partition on your Windows 8 PC is full of junk files, useless files or virus-infected files, you’d better wipe it to regain the full storage. And you can also fix the disk errors by wiping the hard drive partition on your Windows 8 PC. There is a built-in feature in Windows 8 can help you format the hard drive partition to remove all junk files. You can use this function to wipe the Windows 8 hard drive partition. Here are the steps:
1. Open my computer. -> 2. Select the partition you want to wipe and right-click the partition. -> 3. Click "Format" in the menu. -> 4. Format the hard drive partition.
It is very easy to wipe Windows 8 hard drive partition using this format feature. It will remove all the files on the hard drive partition. However, the lost files can be recovered after format. You can easily recover the formatted files with free unformat software. If you only want to regain the full storage of the Windows 8 hard drive partition, this solution is perfect for you to remove all the useless files. But if you are going to resell, donate or throw away your Windows 8 PC, this is not secure solution because the lost data can be recovered by data recovery software.
Permanently Wipe Windows 8 Hard Drive Partition
If you are going to resell, donate, giveaway or throw away your Windows 8 PC, only cleaning up the partition is not enough to avoid security threats. If your old device falls into the wrong hands, your sensitive data may be recovered by other people. It is strongly recommended to permanently destroy the data before you sell your old device or give your device to other people.
DoYourData Super Eraser is the most powerful data erasure software. It can help you securely wipe Windows 8 hard drive partition and permanently destroy all existing and history data on the hard drive partition under Windows 8. It will not only remove all the files, but also can destroy the data on the Windows 8 hard drive partition. After wiping the Windows 8 hard drive partition with DoYourData Super Eraser, all the existing and preciously deleted data will be permanently lost, can’t be recovered by any data recovery service or software.
It is pretty simple to use. First of all, you should download and install the software on your Windows 8 PC. It is recommended to install it on your C drive. Then run it to wipe your Windows 8 hard drive partition. Here are the steps:
1. Select "Wipe Partition/Device" -> 2. Select the partition you want to wipe and click on "Wipe Now". -> 3. Wipe your Windows 8 hard drive partition.
Make Backups before Wiping Your Windows 8 Hard Drive Partition
Because that DoYourData Super Eraser will permanently wipe your Windows 8 hard drive partition and destroy all the data. So please back up your useful files to a secondary hard disk before you run DoYourData Super Eraser to wipe your hard drive. Once the process gets started, all your data on the selected Windows 8 hard drive partition will be permanently wiped out.
- Permanently Erase Data before Selling A PC or Hard Drive
- How to Securely and Permanently Wipe Seagate Hard Drive Data?
- Permanently Format Mac Hard Drive
- Permanently Erase Photos from Digital Camera
- How to Format External Hard Drive on Windows or Mac?
- Kroll Ontrack Data Erasure Software Alternative
- Prevent Recovery of Deleted Files and Formatted Files
- How to Permanently Delete Files in Windows 10?
- Two Ways to Format USB Flash Drive on PC/Mac
- Permanently Erase Data before Selling External Hard Drive
Data Erasure Tips
- Permanently Destroy or Erase Photos
- Permanently Delete Files on Mac
- Permanently Wipe USB Drive Data
- How to Permanently Erase SD Card Data
- Wipe WD (western digital) External Hard Drive
- Permanently Wipe All Data from Mobile Phone SD Card
- Permanently Erase Data on Removable Hard Disk
- How to Permanently Wipe Memory Card Data?
- How to Destroy Data from Windows 7 Hard Drive?
- How to Wipe Window 8 Hard Drive Partition?
- Shred and Destroy Word, Excel, PowerPoint files
- Permanently Delete a File from the SD Card
- How to Wipe Windows 2000 Hard Drive Partition?
- Securely Erase Data from Samsung Portable Hard Drive
- How to Wipe Hard Drive in Windows Server 2019?