How to recover deleted files on Mac? Actually, the deleted files on Mac hard drive are not permanently lost. In this article, we will introduce top 5 Mac deleted file recovery software and show 5 best methods to recover deleted or lost files on Mac.
Part 1. Best 5 Mac deleted file recovery software (review & download).
Part 2. Recover deleted files from Mac trash bin.
Part 3. Recover permanently deleted files with Mac deleted file recovery software.
Part 4. Restore deleted files from Mac Time Machine or other Backups.
Part 5. Recover deleted Mac files using Undo options.
Part 6. Recover deleted files using Terminal Command on Mac.
1. Best 5 Mac deleted file recovery software
Today, a large number of computer users come from Apple’s Mac OS as its experience is kind of unique compared with other operating systems. But that doesn’t mean that you can not lose your important data on Mac OS. There might occur incidents where a person may lose his precious data that may also have some emotional value attached to it. Reasons to lose this data could range from losing it because of some virus attack or accidental/unintentional deletion.
The good news is that there are ways to recover the data many a time as even after the files are deleted from the recycle bin, they tend to remain in the computer memory unless overwritten by some other file/s. So, relating this problem, in this article, we will talk about a number of deleted file recovery software for Mac.
- Do Your Data Recovery for Mac - This software is listed at the top of file recovery software for Mac users across the internet. Do Your Data Recovery for Mac has a number of claims to its name. It can help in recovering 800 or more file types with multiple recovery methods. People over Do Your Data Recovery for Mac also claim that to operate this software, there is no particular need for the skill, just press the Recover button and get the job done. Do Your Data Recovery for Mac offers two recovery modes: quick recovery and advanced recovery. The advanced recovery mode is able to deeply scan the hard drive and find every recoverable file. It supports to recover deleted or lost files from Mac-based hard drive, HDD, SSD, memory card, USB flash drive, digital camera, etc.
- Data Rescue 6 - Data Rescue is another name in the list of software that can recover the lost files from Mac. Data rescue claims to help retrieve lost photos, videos, and documents from your Mac. While starting this software, you will have an option to get back to the previous scan results where you can view files to recover but for this, you must have the original drive through which the scan was done, and only the last scan will be saved. To start with, select the drive where you think you have lost the files. Select the type of scan from Quick Scan and Deep Scan options both of these scans having different functions respectively, according to need. Data Recovery 6 currently supports Mac OS version 10.12 and later.
- Stellar Data Recovery - Stellar data recovery also falls into the league of data recovery software for Mac. It can recover multiple file types such as documents, email data files, videos, photos, etc. Moreover, it can recover data from PC, laptops, USB drives, or Hard Drives. It can recover files whether the loss was due to drive format or corruption in files. There are a number of highlights of Stellar Data Recovery as mentioned on their company website: It can help recover the user data in just 3 steps that are Launch, Scan, and Save. It also previews the files so that you can check whether you are recovering the right files. Additionally, it can also recover the data even from a BitLocker encrypted drive, of course, you will have to enter the decryption key first and then, run the software to scan the decrypted files.
- Magoshare Data Recovery for Mac - Another software in this list is Magoshare Data Recovery that asserts to recover data from MacBook, iMac, SD card, USB, hard drive, etc. Data types that you can recover from this software are pictures, videos, documents, emails, and other data files. It also claims to recover the data even if the partition was formatted. The method of using this software is not that different from the other software of this league. All you got to do is that you have to Launch the software first, Scan the files for recovery, and then Recover them and save them to a chosen destination. Magoshare Data recovery currently supports Mac OS version of up to 10.15 and supports file systems including exFAT, FAT, NTFS, etc.
- Wondershare Recoverit Data Recovery - Wondershare claims that it is trusted by 5 million-plus users since 2003. It is used to recover deleted files such as photos, videos, audios, emails, and a number of other file types. In theory, Wondershare mentions that it supports 1000+ file formats. It also makes a hefty claim that it can recover data that might otherwise have been declared unrecoverable by other companies and also claims that it has one of the highest recovery rates for recovery software. Wondershare also explains that its data recovery process is simple and consists of only 3 steps: Select the type of folders/storage after installing the software on your Mac, Scan to scan the results of your selection, and Data Back to recover files and get them back in your Mac.
2. Recover deleted files from Mac trash bin.
When you delete some files on Mac, the deleted files will be stored in the trash bin. If the trash bin has not been emptied, you can restore the files from Mac trash bin. Just open the trash bin, find the deleted files. Then select the files and put them back.
3. Recover permanently deleted files with Mac deleted file recovery software.
As said above, Mac deleted file recovery software is able to find and recover deleted files even the trash bin has been emptied. Now, follow the steps to recover deleted files with Mac deleted file recovery software - Do Your Data Recovery for Mac.
Step 1. Download and install Mac deleted file recovery software.
Do Your Data Recovery for Mac is a powerful and easy-to-use undelete tool for Mac OS. Download and install it on your Mac. Then open it.
Step 2. Select the hard drive where you delete your files.
Now, run Do Your Data Recovery for Mac on your Mac, and select the hard drive where you delete your files.
Step 3. Scan the hard drive and find deleted files.
After selecting the right hard drive, and then click on Scan button to scan the hard drive. If the quick scan can’t find all deleted files, just try advanced recovery mode.
Step 4. Preview and recover deleted files.
Once the scan is completed, you can preview all recoverable files. Then select the wanted files and save the files.
4. Restore deleted files from Mac Time Machine or other Backups.
If you use Time Machine or other Mac backup software to back up your Mac data. Just open the backups find the deleted files and restore them.
5. Recover deleted Mac files using Undo options.
This method is suitable for use immediately after deleting a file or folder and it is not valid after emptying the trash or permanently clearing it. If you wan to recover permanently deleted files on Mac, please use Mac deleted file recovery software.
6. Recover deleted files using Terminal Command on Mac.
Step 1. Please go to "Applications" > "Utilities" > to open terminal.app
Step 2. Type Unix command: "cd .Trash", and then hit the "Return" key on your Mac.
Step 3. Type "mv name ../" and hit the "Return" key. Please note, please replace the "name" with the full name of the file you deleted.
Step 4. Type "Quit" in the Terminal application.
Data recovery software can prove to be a great asset for those seeking a software to recover their dear files. Although the success rate based on the company portfolios’ of the above software is very high but still, users may not be able to recover some lost files. One of the reasons for the same can be that the user might have copied new files in that drive after deleting the old files. Hence, the previous files get overwritten, making it almost impossible to recover the old files.
Anyways, that was it from this article in which we tried to mention a number of file recovery software for Mac, for Mac users. We hope that this article will help the right user. Thanks for the read!