How to Disable SIP and Recover Lost Data from System Hard Drive in APFS (macOS 10.13 and later macOS)?
by Bryan, 2019-02-24
macOS 10.13, 10.14 and later macOS is using the new file system – Apple File System (APFS). It doesn’t allow any application to access to the system hard drive (the hard drive where the macOS is installed). So, no data recovery software can directly scan the system hard drive (also called startup hard drive, boot hard drive, Mac HD, etc) under macOS 10.13 High Sierra or later macOS. If you want to recover lost data from the system hard drive in APFS, you should disable System Integrity Protection (SIP) first and then run the data recovery software.
Do Your Data Recovery for Mac can help you directly recover lost data from other hard drive, USB flash drive, memory card or external device under macOS 10.13 High Sierra or later macOS. But, if you want to recover lost data from system hard drive under macOS 10.13 High Sierra or later macOS, just follow the steps bellow.
System Integrity Protection (SIP) is a security feature introduced in Mac Operating System to restrict the access of third-party applications to system disk and partition. This feature prevents any modification in protected system files and folders on your Mac.
Follow these steps to disable System Integrity Protection (SIP) and recover lost data from system hard drive in APFS (macOS 10.13, 10.14 or later).
Please use your Phone to take pictures of the steps below before you restart your Mac.
Step 1: Click the menu on your Mac and then select Restart.
Step 2: Now your Mac will restart, press and hold 'Command + R' key until your Mac boots into Recovery Mode .
Step 3: Click on Utilities menu and launch Terminal.
Step 4: Type in csrutil disable in the window of command line and press Return.
Step 5: restart your Mac again, and then Run Do Your Data Recovery for Mac to recover lost data from system hard drive in APFS file system (macOS 10.13 and later macOS).
If you have any question, just send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. You also can share this article to your facebook, twitter or mobile phone before restarting your Mac.
Reliable Mac data recovery software to recover deleted, formatted or lost files from Mac or storage media.Download
Best iPhone data recovery software for Mac users to retrieve lost contacts, photos, videos, call history, SMS etc.Download
- How to Recover Data after Restoring a Mac to Factory Settings?
- Recover Lost Files after Erasing Mac Hard Drive
- Retrieve Missing Photos from iPhoto
- How to Recover Deleted Photos from Mac
- Mac Video Recovery Solution
- Recover Lost Data after Repartitioning Mac Hard Drive
- Recover Microsoft Word File on Mac
- Complete Raw Recovery Solution for Mac
- How to Recover Lost Files Deleted by Mac Cleaner?
- Recover Lost Files after Upgrading to macOS High Sierra
Mac Data Recovery
- Recover Deleted Files after Emptying Trash bin in macOS Mojave
- Recover Lost Files from Mac SSD
- MacBook Pro Data Recovery
- Recover Lost Files after Upgrading to OS X 10.11
- Recover Deleted or Lost Files from iMac
- Recover Lost Data from MacBook
- Recover Lost Data from Formatted Mac Disk or Volume
- Mac OS X 10.6 Data Recovery Free
- How to Unformat Mac Hard Drive
- Best Method for Mac 10.9 Mavericks File Recovery
- Recover Lost Files Due to Unfinished Cut or Copy in Mac OS
- Recover Formatted MacBook to Rescue Data
- Recover Deleted Duplicate Files/Folders on Mac
- Quick and Easy External Hard Drive Data Recovery in Mac OS Sierra
- Recover Deleted Desktop Items on Mac
- Undelete360 for Mac File Recovery
- How to Put Back Files from Emptied Trash Bin?
- Right Solution to Recover Lost 4k Videos on Mac
- Recover Deleted Files When the Files Are Not In the Mac Trash Bin
- How to Recover Deleted/Lost Movie Videos on Mac?