How to Format Mac Hard Drive Partition?
by Shirly Chen, 2017-11-30
If you want to format hard partition or system volume on Mac, you are at the right place. In this article, we will introduce easy-to-use tools to help Mac users to format Mac hard drive partition or Mac volume. However, before format your Mac hard drive partition or volume, please back up your data to iCloud or a secondary hard disk drive. And please note that you can’t format the hard drive partition in which the macOS or OS X is installed. Now, let’s begin the process to format Mac hard drive partition.
Use disk utility to format Mac hard drive partition or volume
Disk Utility is a built-in application in Mac OS or OS X. It allows Mac users to easily format hard drive partition or volume. You have no experience in formatting hard drive partition on Mac? Don’t worry, it is super easy and quick. Just launch Disk Utility on your Mac, then you will see all the hard drives and external devices on your Mac. Select the target hard drive partition and click "Erase". Disk Utility will quickly format selected the Mac hard drive partition.
Once the formatting process is finished, the Mac hard drive partition is properly formatted. But the data removed from the formatted Mac hard drive partition is still can be recovered. Mac data recovery software can easily recover the data that is erased by Disk Utility. If you want to permanently erase the data during the formatting process, you can try another way to format the Mac hard drive partition. The solution bellow can help you format Mac hard drive partition and permanently erase the data on the formatted Mac hard drive partition.
Format Mac hard drive partition with data eraser
Mac data eraser – DoYourData Super Eraser for Mac can easily format Mac hard drive partition and erase all data permanently on the hard drive partition. During the formatting process, it will format the Mac hard drive partition first, then overwrite the disk space with blank data. Once the formatting process gets finished, the data on the formatted Mac hard drive partition is lost forever, just like you have reset the Mac hard drive partition to factory status. Download DoYourData Super Eraser for Mac here:
This Mac disk formatting software is pretty simple to use. Run it on your Mac, choose this mode "Wipe Hard Drive". Select the partition you want to format and click on "Wipe Now" button. This tool will quickly format the selected Mac hard drive partition and permanently erase all data information on the hard drive partition.
It is strongly recommended to format the Mac hard drive partition with DoYourData Super Eraser for Mac if you are going to sell or lend your Mac computer. Permanently destroy sensitive data, leave no room for data recovery. Both of the two Mac disk formatting tools are 100% safe, will not affect the service life of your hard drive. We recommend you to use DoYourData Super Eraser for Mac to format your Mac hard drive partition before you dispose your Mac or hard drive.
- Permanently Delete Files on Mac
- Permanently Format Mac Hard Drive
- Format and Permanently Wipe External Hard Drive on Mac
- Erase Mac Trash Bin Data
- Three Options to Permanently Wipe MacBook Data
- How to Make Data Recovery Impossible on Mac?
- Easy Way to Reformat Memory Card on Mac
- Secure Solution to Permanently Wipe Data before Selling Old Mac Computer
- How to Permanently Erase Photos from Mac?
- How to Easily Reset a Mac to Factory Settings?
Mac Data Erasure
- How to Permanently Erase External Hard Drive Data on Mac?
- Wipe Emptied Mac Trash and Permanently Erase Deleted Files
- Paragon Disk Wiper for Mac Free Download
- Mac Disk Utility Alternative with More Powerful Data Erasure
- Disk Formatting Software for Mac
- How to format a USB Drive on Mac?
- How to Erase Data from CF Card under Mac OS?
- How to Format Raw Drive/USB/SD Card/External Hard Drive on Mac?
- Permanently Delete Files in macOS 10.13 High Sierra
- Permanently Delete Files/Erase Hard Drive in APFS File System
- Permanently Delete Microsoft Office Documents on Mac
- How to Format or Reformat SSD on Mac?
- How to Permanently Delete Photos from iPhoto?
- How to Permanently Delete Data from SD Card on Mac?
- How to Format Hard Drive in macOS 10.14 Mojave?
- Why Deleted Data on Mac Can Be Recovered? How to Avoid This?
- How to Format Unrecognized Memory Card on Mac?
- Two Ways to Format External Hard Drive/USB Drive under macOS 10.14 Mojave
- Prevent Data Recovery on USB Flash Drive with Mac Data Eraser
- How to Prevent Data Recovery from SD Card under Mac OS?