Why Deleted Data on Mac Can Be Recovered? How to Avoid This?
by Shirly Chen, 2019-09-10
We know that Mac data recovery software can easily recover deleted data even the trash bin is emptied. Why deleted data on Mac can be recovered and how to avoid this? In some cases, we should permanently delete our sensitive data on Mac. This article will explain why the deleted data on Mac can be recovered, and how to prevent deleted file recovery on Mac.
Deleted data and formatted data can be recovered by data recovery software
Although we can manually delete files or format the hard disk of our Mac or any storage device using Disk Utility. The information removed leaves certain traces within the free space of the hard drive because it is not eliminated efficiently within the logical structure of the hard drive. That is why there are numerous specialized software that allow you to examine the logical structure of the hard drive or storage device and gather all the traces contained within the free space so that you can reconstruct and recover previously deleted information, but also there are ways to prevent deleted data from being recovered on Mac.
For many users who handle personal or sensitive information on their Mac this can represent a problem, since there may be unauthorized people who have knowledge on how to use these data recovery software and have access to the deleted information so they can have knowledge on issues that they are responsible for giving rise to a large number of problems that can seriously affect us.
Is there a way to prevent deleted data from being recovered on Mac?
Fortunately, data deleted under MacOS can be permanently deleted so that it can not be recovered under any circumstances by simply downloading and installing a powerful tool that will ensure that nobody can access the information you previously deleted on Mac.
The name of this tool is DoYourData Super Eraser for Mac, and it is a software specially designed to destroy information in a way that can permanently eliminate any traces that have been left inside the logical structure of the hard drive without leaving the slightest possibility of Recovery. This is because DoYourData Super Eraser for Mac has certified data erasure algorithm to make sure that all the data contained in the hard drive of the Mac will be permanently erased.
DoYourData Super Eraser for Mac is a very easy to use tool. You just have to Download and install DoYourData Super Eraser for Mac. Then run it from Launchpad and follow this guide for a permanent data deletion with no possibility of recovery.
Mode 1: Permanently delete files on Mac.
Select the files and folders you wish to permanently delete from your Mac and then click on the "Erase Now" button. The selected files/folders will be permanently erased.
Step 2: Wipe hard drive to prevent data recovery on Mac.
This mode will help you wipe an entire hard drive or device to permanently erase all data on the hard drive/device.
Step 3: Wipe free disk space to prevent deleted file recovery on Mac.
Now you should only clean the free space of the hard disk or the connected storage device in order to eliminate the traces of data that could have been left and that could be recovered using data recovery tools. Go to the "Wipe Free Space" option, and wipe the free space of the hard drive to permanently erase already deleted/lost data on the hard drive. It will not affect the existing data on the hard drive.
Now you know why the deleted data on Mac can be recovered and how to avoid this. DoYourData Super Eraser for Mac can permanently wipe existing data and already deleted/lost data on the Mac hard drive/external device.
- Permanently Delete Files on Mac
- Permanently Format Mac Hard Drive
- Format and Permanently Wipe External Hard Drive on Mac
- Erase Mac Trash Bin Data
- Three Options to Permanently Wipe MacBook Data
- How to Make Data Recovery Impossible on Mac?
- Easy Way to Reformat Memory Card on Mac
- Secure Solution to Permanently Wipe Data before Selling Old Mac Computer
- How to Permanently Erase Photos from Mac?
- How to Easily Reset a Mac to Factory Settings?
Mac Data Erasure
- How to Permanently Erase External Hard Drive Data on Mac?
- Wipe Emptied Mac Trash and Permanently Erase Deleted Files
- Paragon Disk Wiper for Mac Free Download
- Mac Disk Utility Alternative with More Powerful Data Erasure
- Disk Formatting Software for Mac
- How to format a USB Drive on Mac?
- How to Erase Data from CF Card under Mac OS?
- How to Format Raw Drive/USB/SD Card/External Hard Drive on Mac?
- Permanently Delete Files in macOS 10.13 High Sierra
- Permanently Delete Files/Erase Hard Drive in APFS File System
- Permanently Delete Microsoft Office Documents on Mac
- How to Format or Reformat SSD on Mac?
- How to Permanently Delete Photos from iPhoto?
- How to Permanently Delete Data from SD Card on Mac?
- How to Format Hard Drive in macOS 10.14 Mojave?
- Why Deleted Data on Mac Can Be Recovered? How to Avoid This?
- How to Format Unrecognized Memory Card on Mac?
- Two Ways to Format External Hard Drive/USB Drive under macOS 10.14 Mojave
- Prevent Data Recovery on USB Flash Drive with Mac Data Eraser
- How to Prevent Data Recovery from SD Card under Mac OS?