How to Recover Lost Files from Water Damaged USB Flash Drive?
by Justin Kenny, 2016-02-10
"I made a big mistake. Yesterday, I accidently put my clothes into the washing machine without checking the pockets. I forget that My USB flash drive was in one of the pockets --- and it was fully watered and got wet. Although I blow-dried it with a hair drier at low temperature, the data on it was totally lost. When I connect the water damaged USB flash drive to my computer, I find it is empty. All files are gone. How can I get my files back?" – Austin
If you are facing the problem the same as Austin’s, what should you do? In this article, you will learn how to recover lost files from water damaged USB flash drive.
Solution1: Recover lost files from water damaged USB flash drive with data recovery software
The best method to recover data under any data loss situation is using data recovery software. A DIY data recovery software allows you to easily and quickly recover lost files by yourself. Compared with other methods, this method is more convenient, safer and cheaper. After you find the right data recovery software, you can try to easily recover lost files from water damaged USB flash drive. But not all the water damaged USB flash drives can be recovered by data recovery software. If your USB flash drive is completely damaged and can’t be recognized by the software, it can’t be recovered.
In most cases, the water damaged USB flash drive can be connected with the computer and can be recognized by data recovery software. Anyway, you can try data recovery software to help recover lost files from water damaged USB flash drive. DoYourData data recovery software is the reliable software that enables you to scan your water damaged USB flash drive to recover lost files. Follow the easy steps to get your files back after your USB flash drive is damaged by water.
Step 1: Download, install and run DoYourData on your computer
Step 2: Run DoYourData to scan your USB flash drive
Select the USB flash drive as the target drive to start scan. DoYourData offers two scan modes. If you don’t yet find the files you want after a quick scan, directly try deep scan mode to deeply scan your USB flash drive to find more lost files.
Step 3: Preview and recover files
Preview the found files and save them. Please don’t save them on the USB flash drive in case that the lost files will be overwritten by new data.
Solution2: Manual data recovery service
If your USB flash drive is completely physically damaged after water damage, data recovery software has nothing to do with effective data recovery. In this situation, you have to turn to data recovery service. You can send your USB flash drive to a data recovery service provider. The engineers will recover your files from water damaged USB flash drive manually. It is not the recommended method because it is expensive and your data will expose to the engineers. But it is the last chance to get your data back.
- Recover Lost Files from WD Elements Portable Hard Drive
- 1TB External Hard Drive Data Recovery
- Recover Lost Data from Memory Stick
- Recover Lost Data from Formatted Seagate External Hard Drive
- Mac USB Drive Data Recovery
- Recover Lost Videos and Photos from Sony Camera
- Recover Deleted Photos from Kodak Digital Camera
- Recover Lost Data from Toshiba External Hard Drive on Mac with Freeware
- Full Kingston USB Flash Drive Data Recovery Solution
- WD Red NAS Hard Drive Lost File Recovery
- How to Recover Deleted Videos from Digital Camcorder?
- Recover Deleted or Lost Digital Camera Photos under Mac OS
- Freeware for Raw USB Drive Data Recovery
- Mac USB Drive Data Recovery Freeware
- Restore Lost Files from Corrupted USB drive on Mac
- Recover Data from a Dead USB drive
- Restore Lost Files from Virus Infected USB Drive
- Unformat Toshiba External Hard Drive on Windows and Mac
- Recover Data from Unmounted External Hard Drive on Mac
- Recover Data from SanDisk Extreme USB flash drive on Mac
- How to Repair External Hard Drive on Mac?
- How to Recover Lost Data from XQD Card on Mac?
- How to Recover Lost Photos from Canon EOS Camera?
- Restore All Files When External Hard Drive Is Not Showing Files
- Old, Unused, Discarded, Dead External Hard Disk Data Recovery