How to Format and Wipe Portable SSD on PC/Mac?
by Shirly Chen, 2019-04-11
“Hi, I have old Samsung portable SSD. I am going to sell this portable SSD on eBay.com. But, before I sell it, I want to format it and permanently erase all my data on it. Is there any way to format and wipe portable SSD? I hope no data recovery software could recover my formatted data.” – Jill
Many digital brands offer portable SSD, such as Samsung portable SSD, WD portable SSD, Seagate portable SSD, etc. Thousands of important files are stored on a portable SSD. Before we sell, donate or give away portable SSD, we need to format the portable SSD and permanently wipe all private data to avoid security issue. We know that data recovery software can easily recover formatted data from portable SSD, so we should find a way to avoid this.
How to format portable SSD and permanently wipe data?
Do you know how to format portable SSD and permanently wipe data from portable SSD? If you don’t know how do it, you can try data erasure software. DoYourData Super Eraser can help you format portable SSD and permanently erase all data from portable SSD to prevent data recovery.
DoYourData Super Eraser will help you quickly format portable SSD and then permanently wipe all data on the portable SSD. Once the data is wiped from portable SSD, the data is lost forever, can’t be recovered by any data recovery software. So, before you sell, donate, give away or lend your portable SSD to other people, you can run this data erasure software to format portable SSD and permanently erase all data on the portable SSD.
Here, you can follow the steps below to format portable SSD and wipe data from portable SSD:
Step 1: Download and install DoYourData Super Eraser.
DoYourData Super Eraser is fully compatible with Windows and Mac OS. Just download and install it on your computer.
Step 2: Connect the portable SSD with your computer.
Run DoYourData Super Eraser on your computer. Then connect the portable SSD with your computer via USB cable.
Step 3: Choose mode “Wipe Hard Drive”.
In order to format the portable SSD and erase all data from portable SSD, just choose mode “Wipe Hard Drive”. Then choose the portable SSD.
Step 4: Format and wipe portable SSD.
Click on “Wipe Now” button to format and wipe portable SSD. Once the process gets finished, the data on the portable SSD will be permanently erased, leaving no trace for data recovery.
DoYourData Super Eraser is 100% safe data erasure software. It will not cause any damage to the portable SSD. Just download it. It can help you format and wipe portable SSD on PC, format and wipe portable SSD on Mac. It is the best data erasure software for both Windows users and Mac users.
“Thanks to DoYourData Super Eraser, I am able to easily format portable SSD, and all my data on the portable SSD is erased. No data recovery software could recover the erased data. It is excellent tool.”
- Permanently Erase Data before Selling A PC or Hard Drive
- How to Securely and Permanently Wipe Seagate Hard Drive Data?
- Permanently Format Mac Hard Drive
- Permanently Erase Photos from Digital Camera
- How to Format External Hard Drive on Windows or Mac?
- Kroll Ontrack Data Erasure Software Alternative
- Prevent Recovery of Deleted Files and Formatted Files
- How to Permanently Delete Files in Windows 10?
- Two Ways to Format USB Flash Drive on PC/Mac
- Permanently Erase Data before Selling External Hard Drive
Data Erasure Tips
- Permanently Destroy or Erase Photos
- Permanently Delete Files on Mac
- Permanently Wipe USB Drive Data
- How to Permanently Erase SD Card Data
- Wipe WD (western digital) External Hard Drive
- Permanently Wipe All Data from Mobile Phone SD Card
- Permanently Erase Data on Removable Hard Disk
- How to Permanently Wipe Memory Card Data?
- How to Destroy Data from Windows 7 Hard Drive?
- How to Wipe Window 8 Hard Drive Partition?
- Shred and Destroy Word, Excel, PowerPoint files
- Permanently Delete a File from the SD Card
- How to Wipe Windows 2000 Hard Drive Partition?
- Securely Erase Data from Samsung Portable Hard Drive
- How to Wipe Hard Drive in Windows Server 2019?