Securely Wipe External Hard Drive Data with Super Eraser
by Shirly Chen, 2016-09-14
It is easy to clean up disk space of external hard drive. Deleting all the files from the external hard drive is the most common method to free disk space of external hard drive. Smart users know how to format external hard drive with built-tools of Windows or Mac. However, whether deletion or format can’t permanently delete the data on the external hard drive. With free data recovery software, anyone can easily recover deleted or formatted files from external hard drive.
In most cases, you don’t have to permanently wipe the data on external hard drive. For example, if you only wan to regain the full storage of the external hard drive, you just format it to clean up all the existing files. But in some special cases, data erasure is critical. It means you have to permanently wipe external hard drive data to avoid data leakage. For instance:
- When you want to destroy sensitive data on the external hard drive, you have to wipe it to destroy data.
- When you are going to sell, donate or discard your external hard drive, you should erase all your private files from it.
- When you are going to lend your external hard drive to other people, or when you are share an external hard drive with other people, you need to permanently wipe your files before you give it to other people.
How to permanently wipe external hard drive data?
Deletion and format can do permanent data wipe. Then, how to permanently wipe external hard drive data? You need a professional tool – Super Eraser. This powerful data erasing software offers easy and secure solution to wipe external hard drive. It provides three modes to erase data from external hard drive.
Mode 1: Erase files and folders from external hard drive.
When you want to permanently delete some files/folders from external hard drive, this mode will help you do the job. Just add the files you want to erase, then click on "Erase Now" to permanently erase them.
Mode 2: Wipe the entire external hard drive.This mode will permanently wipe all the data including the existing and lost data on the external hard drive. It will destroy all data and traces on the external hard drive, beyond the scope of data recovery.
Mode 3: Wipe lost data from external hard drive.
The deleted/lost data is stored into the unused disk space. You can wipe the unused disk space of external hard drive to permanently erase the deleted/lost data without affecting the existing data on your external hard drive.
The data will be completely destroyed. It means the erased files/folders are lost for good. After wiping external hard drive with Super Eraser, you can sell or donate your device to other people. Nobody can recover your private files from the wiped external hard drive. It works on all Windows and Mac hard drives, and can erase data from any local hard drives, external hard drives, USB drives, digital camera, memory cards. Free download it here, let it permanently wipe data on your media.
- Permanently Erase Data before Selling A PC or Hard Drive
- How to Securely and Permanently Wipe Seagate Hard Drive Data?
- Permanently Format Mac Hard Drive
- Permanently Erase Photos from Digital Camera
- How to Format External Hard Drive on Windows or Mac?
- Kroll Ontrack Data Erasure Software Alternative
- Prevent Recovery of Deleted Files and Formatted Files
- How to Permanently Delete Files in Windows 10?
- Two Ways to Format USB Flash Drive on PC/Mac
- Permanently Erase Data before Selling External Hard Drive
Data Erasure Tips
- Permanently Destroy or Erase Photos
- Permanently Delete Files on Mac
- Permanently Wipe USB Drive Data
- How to Permanently Erase SD Card Data
- Wipe WD (western digital) External Hard Drive
- Permanently Wipe All Data from Mobile Phone SD Card
- Permanently Erase Data on Removable Hard Disk
- How to Permanently Wipe Memory Card Data?
- How to Destroy Data from Windows 7 Hard Drive?
- How to Wipe Window 8 Hard Drive Partition?
- Shred and Destroy Word, Excel, PowerPoint files
- Permanently Delete a File from the SD Card
- How to Wipe Windows 2000 Hard Drive Partition?
- Securely Erase Data from Samsung Portable Hard Drive
- How to Wipe Hard Drive in Windows Server 2019?