How to Wipe NTFS Drive on Mac?
by Shirly Chen, 2019-10-25
NTFS is incompatible file system on Mac. A NTFS drive will become read-only when you connect it with your Mac. When you want to wipe all data on a NTFS hard drive by using DoYourData Super Eraser for Mac, you can follow the steps below.
Step 1: Download and install DoYourData Super Eraser for Mac.
First of all, just download and install DoYourData Super Eraser for Mac on your Mac computer, then run it from Launchpad.
Step 2: Connect your NTFS drive to your Mac.
Mostly, the NTFS drive is an external hard drive or USB flash drive. Just connect the NTFS drive to your Mac via USB cable or network.
Step 3: Format the NTFS drive to Mac-compatible file system.
Disk Utility can help you format the NTFS drive to a new file system hard drive which is compatible with Mac OS (here is a guide: format NTFS drive for Mac with Disk Utility). Here, we also recommend you to use DoYourData Super Eraser for Mac to format the NTFS drive to new file system.
Run DoYourData Super Eraser for Mac on your Mac, choose tool "Disk Manager", then choose the NTFS drive and click on "Format" button. The NTFS drive will be automatically formatted to new file system which is compatible with Mac OS. The read-only limitation will be removed.
The NTFS drive has been formatted to new file system.
Step 3: Wipe all data from the NTFS drive permanently.
After formatting, just choose data erasure mode "Wipe Hard Drive", choose the NTFS drive and click on "Wipe Now" button. Then all the data on the NTFS drive will be permanently erased, leaving no chance for data recovery.
Wipe the hard drive now...
With these steps, you are able to securely wipe a NTFS hard drive on Mac. Please note that all data on the NTFS drive will be permanently erased. So, please make a backup before you wipe it with DoYourData Super Eraser for Mac.
But, if you have a PC, every thing becomes easier. DoYourData Super Eraser for Windows is able to directly shred files or wipe data on NTFS drive under Windows OS.
- Permanently Delete Files on Mac
- Permanently Format Mac Hard Drive
- Format and Permanently Wipe External Hard Drive on Mac
- Erase Mac Trash Bin Data
- Three Options to Permanently Wipe MacBook Data
- How to Make Data Recovery Impossible on Mac?
- Easy Way to Reformat Memory Card on Mac
- Secure Solution to Permanently Wipe Data before Selling Old Mac Computer
- How to Permanently Erase Photos from Mac?
- How to Easily Reset a Mac to Factory Settings?
Mac Data Erasure
- How to Permanently Erase External Hard Drive Data on Mac?
- Wipe Emptied Mac Trash and Permanently Erase Deleted Files
- Paragon Disk Wiper for Mac Free Download
- Mac Disk Utility Alternative with More Powerful Data Erasure
- Disk Formatting Software for Mac
- How to format a USB Drive on Mac?
- How to Erase Data from CF Card under Mac OS?
- How to Format Raw Drive/USB/SD Card/External Hard Drive on Mac?
- Permanently Delete Files in macOS 10.13 High Sierra
- Permanently Delete Files/Erase Hard Drive in APFS File System
- Permanently Delete Microsoft Office Documents on Mac
- How to Format or Reformat SSD on Mac?
- How to Permanently Delete Photos from iPhoto?
- How to Permanently Delete Data from SD Card on Mac?
- How to Format Hard Drive in macOS 10.14 Mojave?
- Why Deleted Data on Mac Can Be Recovered? How to Avoid This?
- How to Format Unrecognized Memory Card on Mac?
- Two Ways to Format External Hard Drive/USB Drive under macOS 10.14 Mojave
- Prevent Data Recovery on USB Flash Drive with Mac Data Eraser
- How to Prevent Data Recovery from SD Card under Mac OS?