How to Easily Reset a Mac to Factory Settings?
by Shirly Chen, 2017-01-15
"I have been using a Mac for 2 years. Recently, I plan to give this Mac to my little sister because I will buy a new Mac for myself. I want to permanently erase my private data and reset this Mac to factory settings, regaining the full storage and speed. But I don’t know how to reset a Mac to factory settings and the data on the Mac can’t be permanently erased even I format the hard drive. Anyone have good suggestion?" - Zereve
Before you resell your Mac, give away it, or your Mac gets slower and slower, you want to reset your Mac to factory settings to avoid data leakage or just want to get the full disk storage and higher running speed. No matter what the reason is, it is safer and better to reset a Mac to factory settings before you dispose it. However, there is no 1-click solution inside the Mac to help you reset it to the factory settings. In this article, we will show you an easy solution to reset your Mac to factory settings.
Easily Reset a Mac to Factory Settings
This guide will help you reset a Mac to factory settings by wiping all your private information and data. And we will introduce powerful Mac data eraser – Super Eraser for Mac to help you wipe all data to reset your Mac to factory settings. Here we will show you an easy solution to reset a Mac to factory settings and permanently wipe sensitive data.
Step 1: Back up your important files.
Before reset your Mac to factory settings, please back up your important files to other Mac or storage media.
Step 2: Delete sensitive data and uninstall apps.
Just delete the files contain important information and empty the trash bin. Then uninstall apps from your Mac. If you feel it is troublesome job to uninstall all apps one by one on your Mac. You can download this Mac uninstaller – AppUninser, it can help you uninstall all apps by one click.
Step 3: Wipe your Mac hard drive.
First of all, just download Super Eraser for Mac. Please note that it will permanently destroy and wipe all data from your Mac. After erasure, you data will be permanently lost. Run it to wipe your Mac hard drive.
Step 4: Re-install your Mac OS.
Re-install your Mac OS. Then you will get a brand new Mac.
This is secure solution to reset a Mac to factory settings. Please note that Super Eraser for Mac will permanently wipe the data from your Mac. Once your data is erased by Super Eraser for Mac, it will lost forever, can’t be recovered by data recovery software or service. So once you have reset your Mac to factory settings with the guide above, you can safely resell your Mac or give it to other people. It will be a brand new Mac, so you will sale it at a good price. Do you want to reset your iMac, MacBook, MacBook Pro, MacBook Air to factory settings? Just try it now.
- Permanently Delete Files on Mac
- Permanently Format Mac Hard Drive
- Format and Permanently Wipe External Hard Drive on Mac
- Erase Mac Trash Bin Data
- Three Options to Permanently Wipe MacBook Data
- How to Make Data Recovery Impossible on Mac?
- Easy Way to Reformat Memory Card on Mac
- Secure Solution to Permanently Wipe Data before Selling Old Mac Computer
- How to Permanently Erase Photos from Mac?
- How to Easily Reset a Mac to Factory Settings?
Mac Data Erasure
- How to Permanently Erase External Hard Drive Data on Mac?
- Wipe Emptied Mac Trash and Permanently Erase Deleted Files
- Paragon Disk Wiper for Mac Free Download
- Mac Disk Utility Alternative with More Powerful Data Erasure
- Disk Formatting Software for Mac
- How to format a USB Drive on Mac?
- How to Erase Data from CF Card under Mac OS?
- How to Format Raw Drive/USB/SD Card/External Hard Drive on Mac?
- Permanently Delete Files in macOS 10.13 High Sierra
- Permanently Delete Files/Erase Hard Drive in APFS File System
- Permanently Delete Microsoft Office Documents on Mac
- How to Format or Reformat SSD on Mac?
- How to Permanently Delete Photos from iPhoto?
- How to Permanently Delete Data from SD Card on Mac?
- How to Format Hard Drive in macOS 10.14 Mojave?
- Why Deleted Data on Mac Can Be Recovered? How to Avoid This?
- How to Format Unrecognized Memory Card on Mac?
- Two Ways to Format External Hard Drive/USB Drive under macOS 10.14 Mojave
- Prevent Data Recovery on USB Flash Drive with Mac Data Eraser
- How to Prevent Data Recovery from SD Card under Mac OS?