How to Permanently Delete Files in Windows 10?
by Shirly Chen, 2017-11-09
"Hello, my friend asks to borrow my computer. Before I lend my Windows 10 PC to her, I need to permanently delete some private documents in case that she may recover or see these documents. However, after I delete the files and empty the recycle bin. The deleted files still can be recovered by free data recovery program on my computer. Is there any way to permanently delete files in Windows 10?" – Jared
When you delete a file on Windows 10 PC (and empty the recycle bin), the file is not permanently lost. You just delete the entry of the file and make the disk space of the file available for new data. However, before the file is completely overwritten by new data, free data recovery software can easily and quickly recover the deleted file. In order to permanently delete files in Windows 10, you should find overwrite the unused disk space with new data after deletion, or use Windows 10 file shredder to help you securely and permanently delete your files. In this article, we will show you the way to use Windows 10 file shredder to permanently delete files in Windows 10.
Permanently delete files in Windows 10 with file shredder
Before you permanently delete your files in Windows 10, please think carefully. Once the files is permanently deleted, they lost forever, can’t be recovered by any data recovery software. Then download Windows 10 file shredding software – DoYourData Super Eraser. This tool will help you permanently delete targeted files in Windows 10 and overwrite the disk space with zero to make data recovery impossible.
DoYourData Super Eraser offers three modes to help you permanently delete files in Windows 10.
Mode 1: permanently delete files in Windows 10
"Erase Files/Folders" allows you to permanently delete files/folders in Windows 10. Just add the files/folders to the erasure list. Then click on "Erase Now" button. DoYourData Super Eraser will permanently shred & erase the selected files and folders, beyond the scope of data recovery. This mode only permanently deletes the selected files and folders in Windows 10. If you want to permanently delete some files on your Windows 10 computer, just choose this mode.
Mode 2: delete all files in Windows 10
If you are going to sell your Windows 10 computer, you can choose this mode to permanently delete all data on your hard drive. This mode will erase the entire hard drive partition, and permanently delete all the data on the selected hard drive partition. Once the partition is erased by DoYourData Super Eraser, all data is lost forever.
Mode 3: permanently erase already deleted files in Windows 10.
You delete some files and empty the recycle bin, but you don’t know how to prevent the deleted files from being recovered by data recovery software. This mode will help you erase the unused disk space to permanently erase already deleted/formatted files on the hard drive. It will not affect the existing files on the hard drive.
DoYourData Super Eraser is the reliable tool which can permanently delete files in Windows 10. It also can permanently delete files in Windows 7, Vista, 8, 2000 and XP. This powerful data eraser not only can erase data from hard drive, but it also can help you permanently erase data from memory card, USB flash drive, external hard drive, digital camera, etc.
- Permanently Erase Data before Selling A PC or Hard Drive
- How to Securely and Permanently Wipe Seagate Hard Drive Data?
- Permanently Format Mac Hard Drive
- Permanently Erase Photos from Digital Camera
- How to Format External Hard Drive on Windows or Mac?
- Kroll Ontrack Data Erasure Software Alternative
- Prevent Recovery of Deleted Files and Formatted Files
- How to Permanently Delete Files in Windows 10?
- Two Ways to Format USB Flash Drive on PC/Mac
- Permanently Erase Data before Selling External Hard Drive
Data Erasure Tips
- Permanently Destroy or Erase Photos
- Permanently Delete Files on Mac
- Permanently Wipe USB Drive Data
- How to Permanently Erase SD Card Data
- Wipe WD (western digital) External Hard Drive
- Permanently Wipe All Data from Mobile Phone SD Card
- Permanently Erase Data on Removable Hard Disk
- How to Permanently Wipe Memory Card Data?
- How to Destroy Data from Windows 7 Hard Drive?
- How to Wipe Window 8 Hard Drive Partition?
- Shred and Destroy Word, Excel, PowerPoint files
- Permanently Delete a File from the SD Card
- How to Wipe Windows 2000 Hard Drive Partition?
- Securely Erase Data from Samsung Portable Hard Drive
- How to Wipe Hard Drive in Windows Server 2019?