How to Permanently Delete Items in Downloads Folder under Mac OS?
by Shirly Chen, 2019-10-25
Mostly, all the downloaded photos, videos, documents and DMG, ZIP files will be saved into Downloads folder on Mac. In some cases, we need to permanently shred the items in Downloads folder because we are going to sell, donate or dispose our Mac computer. When you delete the items in Downloads and empty the trash bin, the deleted items still can be recovered by data recovery software. If you want to permanently delete the items in Downloads folder, just read this guide.
First of all, let’s introduce a powerful and easy-to-use data erasure application for Mac OS. This application is DoYourData Super Eraser for Mac. It can help you securely and permanently erase items in Downloads folder, making data recovery be impossible.
Here, easily download and install DoYourData Super Eraser for Mac on your Mac machine. Then run it from Launchpad.
Two solutions to permanently erase files and other items in Downloads on Mac
DoYourData Super Eraser for Mac offers certified data erasure algorithms to help Mac users to permanently erase data from Downloads folder on Mac. Here are two solutions:
Solution 1: Shred items in Downloads on Mac.
DoYourData Super Eraser for Mac, you will see three data erasure modes, just choose "Erase Files/Folders". Then add files or folders from Downloads, and click on "Erase Now" button. These items will be permanently erased.
Solution 2: Wipe deleted items in Downloads on Mac.
Step 1: Delete items in Downloads folder.
Just delete the items in your Downloads folder, then empty the trash bin. You also can empty the Downloads folder and then empty trash bin.
Step 2: Wipe free disk space of Mac hard drive to erase deleted items.
Choose mode "Wipe Free Space", choose your Mac hard drive and wipe it. All the deleted items in Downloads and other deleted files on your Mac will be permanently erased, can’t be recovered by any data recovery software.
It is very simple to permanently erase data from Downloads folder on Mac OS. It can help you selectively erase files from Downloads or wipe all items in Downloads. Just free download this powerful data erasure software and install it on your Mac.
DoYourData Super Eraser for Mac is able to permanently erase data from any HDD/SSD, USB flash drive, memory card, even NTFS hard drive, etc. If you are going to sell, donate or dispose your Mac computer, you can use it wipe your sensitive data to avoid data leakage.
Please note that once the data is erased by DoYourData Super Eraser for Mac, the data will lost forever, can’t be recovered by any data recovery method. It is recommend you to backup your important data before using it to wipe your hard drive. DoYourClone for Mac offers you easy and safe solution to backup your Mac data.
- Permanently Delete Files on Mac
- Permanently Format Mac Hard Drive
- Format and Permanently Wipe External Hard Drive on Mac
- Erase Mac Trash Bin Data
- Three Options to Permanently Wipe MacBook Data
- How to Make Data Recovery Impossible on Mac?
- Easy Way to Reformat Memory Card on Mac
- Secure Solution to Permanently Wipe Data before Selling Old Mac Computer
- How to Permanently Erase Photos from Mac?
- How to Easily Reset a Mac to Factory Settings?
Mac Data Erasure
- How to Permanently Erase External Hard Drive Data on Mac?
- Wipe Emptied Mac Trash and Permanently Erase Deleted Files
- Paragon Disk Wiper for Mac Free Download
- Mac Disk Utility Alternative with More Powerful Data Erasure
- Disk Formatting Software for Mac
- How to format a USB Drive on Mac?
- How to Erase Data from CF Card under Mac OS?
- How to Format Raw Drive/USB/SD Card/External Hard Drive on Mac?
- Permanently Delete Files in macOS 10.13 High Sierra
- Permanently Delete Files/Erase Hard Drive in APFS File System
- Permanently Delete Microsoft Office Documents on Mac
- How to Format or Reformat SSD on Mac?
- How to Permanently Delete Photos from iPhoto?
- How to Permanently Delete Data from SD Card on Mac?
- How to Format Hard Drive in macOS 10.14 Mojave?
- Why Deleted Data on Mac Can Be Recovered? How to Avoid This?
- How to Format Unrecognized Memory Card on Mac?
- Two Ways to Format External Hard Drive/USB Drive under macOS 10.14 Mojave
- Prevent Data Recovery on USB Flash Drive with Mac Data Eraser
- How to Prevent Data Recovery from SD Card under Mac OS?