How to Format Inaccessible Hard Drive Partition?
by Shirly Chen, 2018-01-18
Can’t access to your hard drive partition? Fix it!
So you have an issue with one of your hard drive partition? Well, you just come into the right place, because that’s exactly what I’m going to share in this article. But before we get started, I’ll tell you why your hard drive partition isn’t accessible.
>One of the biggest reason why your hard drive partition is inaccessible from your computer is that there may be some corrupted files on your hard drive partition, and it makes the hard drive partition become hard to read. Another reason is that there may be some viruses that you downloaded accidentally. This could lead to another big problem if you don’t fix the issue ASAP.
>Formatting is one of the best solutions for you. While fixing your hard drive partition may take a few days (yes, you must run your hard drive partition for a few days), formatting could be done much faster. But don’t worry, you don’t need to be an IT professional or tech geek to fix the issue. Instead, this process will be done within a few clicks on your mouse, as long you follow every step I share in this article. Enough talking, let’s get started with this easy-to-follow guide on how to format inaccessible hard drive partition.
1. Format inaccessible hard drive partition with system tool.
If you are using a PC, you can open "My Computer", find the inaccessible hard drive partition. Right click the icon of the inaccessible hard drive partition, and click "Format" from the menu. Then you can quickly format the inaccessible hard drive partition and fix the "can’t access" issue.
Click "Start" to format inaccessible hard drive partition.
How about format an inaccessible hard drive partition on a Mac? Don’t worry, here are the steps: Open Disk Utility on Mac -> find the inaccessible hard drive partition > format the inaccessible hard drive partition by click on "Erase" button.
The two system tools on PC or Mac can help you easily format an inaccessible hard drive partition. However, the formatted data still can be recovered by data recovery software. If you want to format the inaccessible hard drive partition and permanently erase all data on the inaccessible hard drive partition, I recommend you use the method 2 bellow.
2. Format inaccessible hard drive partition with Super Eraser.
Super Eraser is a secure data eraser and disk formatter. This is the most reliable software to format your hard drive and could be done within a few minutes. Super Eraser offers secure solution to format an inaccessible hard drive partition and permanently erase all data on the inaccessible hard drive partition. If you are going to sell, donate the inaccessible hard drive, or just want to permanently erase all virus-infected files on the hard drive partition, this is the best method. Download Super Eraser here:
Once it’s installed on your computer, it should run automatically. If it didn’t run after you installed it, just open it manually. When it’s already opened, you can see three Data Erasure Options available on Super Eraser, and then click on the second option "Wipe Hard Drive" to which could be used to format inaccessible hard drive partition.
>Now you can see a list of available hard drive its partition. Click on the inaccessible hard drive partition, and click the "Erase" button at the bottom of your screen. Make sure you don’t choose the wrong hard drive partition because once it has been formatted, all your data will be gone permanently.
Just wait patiently until the process is done. The process may take some time if you stored so many data on the inaccessible hard drive partition. And don’t try to open any software if you don’t want to wait longer. Once the process is done, you can be able to access it now. The inaccessible hard drive partition is formatted, and the inaccessibility issue is resolved.
- Permanently Erase Data before Selling A PC or Hard Drive
- How to Securely and Permanently Wipe Seagate Hard Drive Data?
- Permanently Format Mac Hard Drive
- Permanently Erase Photos from Digital Camera
- How to Format External Hard Drive on Windows or Mac?
- Kroll Ontrack Data Erasure Software Alternative
- Prevent Recovery of Deleted Files and Formatted Files
- How to Permanently Delete Files in Windows 10?
- Two Ways to Format USB Flash Drive on PC/Mac
- Permanently Erase Data before Selling External Hard Drive
Data Erasure Tips
- Permanently Destroy or Erase Photos
- Permanently Delete Files on Mac
- Permanently Wipe USB Drive Data
- How to Permanently Erase SD Card Data
- Wipe WD (western digital) External Hard Drive
- Permanently Wipe All Data from Mobile Phone SD Card
- Permanently Erase Data on Removable Hard Disk
- How to Permanently Wipe Memory Card Data?
- How to Destroy Data from Windows 7 Hard Drive?
- How to Wipe Window 8 Hard Drive Partition?
- Shred and Destroy Word, Excel, PowerPoint files
- Permanently Delete a File from the SD Card
- How to Wipe Windows 2000 Hard Drive Partition?
- Securely Erase Data from Samsung Portable Hard Drive
- How to Wipe Hard Drive in Windows Server 2019?